Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought a chipped P28 and here in India, Honda released a sort of a mini-me with a D15B SOHC VTEC block and a D16__ head. It's an OBD2B configuration. The stock ECU - 37820-PJT-xxxxx runs fine, so it's not the engine or the sensors.

However, as soon as I connect the chipped P28 (with ostrich2) with any map, the CEL comes on. On checking for the ECU codes, it came as LONG LONG, or 2, which is Secondary O2 sensor. I don't know how many o2 sensors my car has, or what I'm supposed to do to fix this problem.

Tried a few P28 and P30 maps without a wideband (bung to be welded tomorrow), but the P30 maps were pure suckage, and only the P28 maps allowed the car to even idle properly. From the datalogging, AFR is shown as rich. Without a wideband, I cannot figure out the actual AFR. The stock P28 map (didn't remove checksum protection) allowed me to idle best, but since the ECU is from an automatic, I didn't bother driving the car around with it.

If someone could help me out here, I'd surely appreciate it. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So now I had 3 error codes, 14, 20 and 22. This was with a base P30 map with fuelling and ignition values taken from a P08 (base P28 ) D15B tables. Disabled IACV, ELD and VTEC and the CEL went off. However, VTEC works with my stock ecu, so it's something to do with the chipped ECU. I will try disabling the vtec checks tomorrow and see if that works. Any tips on how to fix the IACV or VTEC errors will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help already, took a short trip around my block and although the car was surging between 1k-2k rpm (it's probably the maps since I haven't touched them yet), it was running quite well otherwise.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
It could possibly throw the IACV code if its sticking due to carbon build up which in turn would cause the surge issue. Try cleaning it out, i know theres a diy around on the internet and which your at it check the FITV and make sure thats tight.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
So now I had 3 error codes, 14, 20 and 22. This was with a base P30 map with fuelling and ignition values taken from a P08 (base P28 ) D15B tables. Disabled IACV, ELD and VTEC and the CEL went off. However, VTEC works with my stock ecu, so it's something to do with the chipped ECU. I will try disabling the vtec checks tomorrow and see if that works. Any tips on how to fix the IACV or VTEC errors will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help already, took a short trip around my block and although the car was surging between 1k-2k rpm (it's probably the maps since I haven't touched them yet), it was running quite well otherwise.
Eld off should have fixed the 20, 22 dose your motor have a vtec pressure switch if not ther is your problem disable it? 14 dont know run the diag by the book hondatech.info: Honda service manuals or look over your conversion harness.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
o If your iac has 3 wires you fail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts