Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 del Sol w/ D16z6 Turbo. Just got it back from the dyno tune last week. Runs great, however today out of nowhere it gave a small sputter(not in boost) then the CEL popped up....Went home, pulled the code and it was 8 quick flashes meaning number 8. From what i looked up they say code 8 could be thrown if the Dizzy wires and connectors are loose. So i popped the hood and made sure every connction was good. Kept on driving and later it got really 'sputtery' rpms instantly dropped and it almost called it quits on me but luckily I was able to turn around and drive back home.

the Distributor has 270k miles on it, so is this the sign of one going bad. I know this motor doesnt have a separate Crank or Cam postion sensor and I think its all built into the Dizzy. Any advise guys?

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I just got a code for this a month ago, im not sure if the tdc sensor is the magnet part or the piece pressed on the distributor shaft but you nasically need a new distributor. You could buy another used one and probably swap parts over or just put the used one on. I had a bad bearing in my dizzy so I just bought a used dizzy and swapped the shaft into my housing, so far the code 8 is gone but ive only driven it around the block

1 - 2 of 2 Posts