Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D16Z6: The green wire on my Engine Coolant Temperature switch is broken. I don't see how I can fix this. I was planning on going to the junkyard to grab a new connector and wire it on. Do all 5th gen hondas have this sensor (The one under the distributor). I would try and buy it from Honda but you have to buy the whole wire harness to my understanding. Anybody have any advice?

Ever since the wire broke, it is hard as hell to start my car in the mornings.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The older Hondas have those, too. You shouldn't have to buy a harness for it... As far as I know, you can buy just the sensor. It should have a plug...

If you can't, just crimp/solder the wire back together, and heat shrink it. Or tape it.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Yeah see I had this problem too, I took some wire, about the same gauge and clip the broken wire so I had clean ends. I twisted the ends of the new wire to the two ends of the old one and tested to make sure it was functioning. I then made a more permanent connection and drove on. Seriously, you can patch wires man.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Honda doesn't sell the plugs. I can get new connector plugs. Any thing from 88-01 civic/integra has the plug you need. Solder and heat shrink it

Maybe I should start selling new pigtail plugs for this reason.

·
Registered
My car
65 Posts
If you're going to fix something, fix it right. Solder and heat shrink. Don't further tarnish the reputation of Hondas by only twisting the wires together and taping it up.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
If you're going to fix something, fix it right. Solder and heat shrink. Don't further tarnish the reputation of Hondas by only twisting the wires together and taping it up.
Yes this ^ I have been beating my face against my floor boards trying to fix the kids vtec swap wire job in my harness. From the ecu to the dizzy, tape, and wire guides from a computer, pooop.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Heat will make tape fall off and cause issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts