Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. just got a new ecu on p28 crome gold... my issue is this. Car runs flawless with the tune and drivability is amazing. But after about 45 min of driving when you decel, it will through a Cel 16. Which is an injector misfire. I've never seen this before, I am stumped. The car doesn't get affected by the code. so lost.

I've started by checking all connections and nothing is loose or to my knowledge corroded. Its running dsm blue tops with an injector driver.

Anybody have a suggestion or experienced something similar?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Delete the code in crome. aka injector test circuit. Unless you have a problem when the code sets ? Are you is it affecting the motor or how it runs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When driving the car you notice no issues when it turns on, just a slight sense of worry though that something is wrong. I've never taken it into boost when the CEL goes on but i know the RPMs are not restricted, so no limp mode issues.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
K get rid of the code in crome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after replacing the head with a new one over the weekend, it resolved the issue. It was not a faulty code, rather it was broken cam lobes in the old head... the shop installed the bolts to tightly on the valve cover is what broke it.... according to the machine shop. anyways caused a misfire throwing code 16.

·
Registered
92 Posts
wouldnt of thought of that^^

I was thinking more along the lines of a bad resistor box that was breaking down with heat or something

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yea caught me off guard also, but makes total sense of why i had a injector misfire, all the injectors flowed correctly, the injector box was re-soldered, and new ecu.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts