Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
I owned one for a while, sat in the garage unused. The build quality was nice, not perfect but definately nice.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I owned one for a while, sat in the garage unused. The build quality was nice, not perfect but definately nice.
^His mani is now mine. Welds are undercut slightly but overall I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My "Shorty" cracked within 3 months with a little T25 hanging on it....And yes I had a flexpipe.

What's funny is I've had a T3 57 trim hanging on an SS Autocrap for 2 years now with no problems or cracks.

·
11,892 Posts
My "Shorty" cracked within 3 months with a little T25 hanging on it....And yes I had a flexpipe.

What's funny is I've had a T3 57 trim hanging on an SS Autocrap for 2 years now with no problems or cracks.
Damn, I went from an ssauto to this.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

thats funny, ss auto crap is junk... you just lucky, mine cracked right where they normally do, the wastegate flange.

the ccfab is a pretty decent log/tube manifold.. you can find them on ebay as well

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ahhh hotrex...The one we had at the shop a while back looked pretty, but the welds were certainly undercut a bit. Not saying I could do better, just an observation.

·
11,892 Posts
when you say undercut, explain?

Undercut meaning that at the joint where two pieces of metal are welded together if you were to take your finger and run it across the joint it "dips" down. In other words, the amount of filler metal (weld) doesn't come back up flush with the metal that was welded together.

·
11,892 Posts
Im no pro...but its basically when the weld isnt "big" enough from not enough filler/too big of a gap in fitment/too much heat/not enough mojo
Indeed, lack of mojo is the fail.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
wasn't the guy from CCFAB was on here till he got banned?

·
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I had a ccfab log for about a year,sold it to a guy on here ( I think his name is sirlasvegas) and as far I know both of us never had serious problems with it. What's pretty cheap? I think i let mine go for around 100-150 shipped including paypal fees with a dumptube and air filter arm and brand new air filter.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i was running a ccfab miniram on m turbo d... no problems with it whatsoever and i bought it used from a former member here.. who claimed 10k on it.. and i prolly put another 15k on it

its actually sitting on the floor by my car at my tuners shop lol, i tripped over it last weekend haha

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have one of then i have full ram horn, i bought from my friend and he never had any problem at all. i bought like a year ago i put in my car still good no cracks until a blow my engine

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Yup

And remo you need to rep back fucker!!!!!
don't get your panties in a wad. i can't rep you morehead... morehead? yeah more head than brain. i need to give out more rep before hitting you. :rant:

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
at least with ssauto, you know it will be shit....

some of ccfab's are awesome, some are great....go with ssauto, at least you'll know it will give up.

if you find it for a good price, do it... look it over first

1 - 20 of 21 Posts