Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
crx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have a weird sound coming from my catch can, sounds like a popping sound. Any ideas why its doing this?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,389 Posts
can you be any more vague? youre as clear as mud

·
Registered
crx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More vague? Not sure how much clearer I can be. It seemed to start when I put in my new cams.

Should there be any noise coming from the catch can.

·
Registered
crx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks it did it when I put the new cams in, but its still doing it after I got it back from the tuner. The air fuel looks good. When I put my hand over the catch can vent I do not hear it. I am starting to have my doubts about this tuner.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
any chance you have a drainback on the can that has a less than straight downhill run back to the block? just enough for fluid to sit. could what you hear be pressure bubbling through liquid oil sitting in that line?

·
Registered
crx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any chance you have a drainback on the can that has a less than straight downhill run back to the block? just enough for fluid to sit. could what you hear be pressure bubbling through liquid oil sitting in that line?
Great point I will double check that today. thanks!

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I hear a very faint "popping" kind of sound from my catch can, which is vented and plumbed to the black box and the cylinder head cover. Thought it was oil bubbling in the can but when I opened the drain it was dry.

I figure the sound is due to pressure variations between the two inputs on the can.

·
Registered
crx
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear a very faint "popping" kind of sound from my catch can, which is vented and plumbed to the black box and the cylinder head cover. Thought it was oil bubbling in the can but when I opened the drain it was dry.

I figure the sound is due to pressure variations between the two inputs on the can.
Good observation Pat, I am running the same setup with a supercharger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts