Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to be boosting over 10psi and i figure its beyond time to grab a catch can set up. Iv been running 8-9 without one and havent noticed oil anywhere but the breather filters pretty dirty. So i was looking on ebay and found this for a fair price. What do you guys think?
Oil Catch Can Tank CIVIC EG EX LX DX SI D15 D16 B16 B18 | eBay

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think I spent $25 total for the catch can and MBC. All from Home Depot.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mine has a tube from the right side inlet that goes down about 3" inside the chamber for that exact reason.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They are pretty easy to make if you dont want to go ebay.I made one out of a compressor oil bottle. It doesnt have baffles but i put rolled up metal screen door mesh how do you think that will work?

·
www.rifftrax.com
1,517 Posts
It's probably not baffled. If it's not baffled, it's not worth anything.
Steel wool with some form of separator males for a great oil catcher.
you both beat me to it. you get what you pay for when you buy a $20 catch can. i ran a pcv/steel wool one for a long time that worked better than any of the crap on ebay. i'd recommend getting one welded up at a local shop. searching should give you ideas about the internal design. the point of it is to remove the oil from the vapors, then vent the vapors. the ebay ones don't do this, they are just for people that like shiny things.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shower luffa sounds like a good filtering material! my only thing is, the one i bought, im not sure if its even vented. i might have to drill and weld a fitting for a filter on it. I have no clue of the internal design of them. iv never even messed with a catch can setup, so this is new to me!

·
www.rifftrax.com
1,517 Posts
shower luffa sounds like a good filtering material! my only thing is, the one i bought, im not sure if its even vented. i might have to drill and weld a fitting for a filter on it. I have no clue of the internal design of them. iv never even messed with a catch can setup, so this is new to me!
just do some searching, this top has been thoroughly discussed on this and other forums.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im getting ready to be boosting over 10psi and i figure its beyond time to grab a catch can set up. Iv been running 8-9 without one and havent noticed oil anywhere but the breather filters pretty dirty. So i was looking on ebay and found this for a fair price. What do you guys think?
Oil Catch Can Tank CIVIC EG EX LX DX SI D15 D16 B16 B18 | eBay
I have the same but there is no hole on the top.
I have to drill a hole and put a filter in it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
There is no point if it's not vented.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts