Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally down to installing my catch can and I cant for the life of me find a solid spot to put it. Can some of you fellow D-series post a few pics of where your can is at? Thank you!

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
I suppose in ideal circumstances you would want the catch can at a location higher or at the height of the outlet port? That would aid in drainback and since oil vapor rises help evacuate the gases a bit more.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have a full bay, it was hard to find a spot for it. But mines mounts to the shock tower. There is a bolt hole there for the wiring. I used that hole and have to extend the other side to mount.
This may have just gave me an idea for it.... excellent. Anyone else mount there can on the side of the tower?

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
have a go autoworks catch can which has one mounting hole in the bracket, I used a short 10mm bolt and put it in the same spot as xile on my boosted 96hx. My 99 sedan has it in the same spot but its not mounted because I have a bunch of abs stuff on the shock tower

Hard to see but this is my 99 sedan that is my current civic, Its not boosted yet...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have a go autoworks catch can which has one mounting hole in the bracket, I used a short 10mm bolt and put it in the same spot as xile on my boosted 96hx. My 99 sedan has it in the same spot but its not mounted because I have a bunch of abs stuff on the shock tower

Hard to see but this is my 99 sedan that is my current civic, Its not boosted yet...

Does it clear the hood okay? I also have that exact Go-auto can! Did you use the top hole or bottom hole?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am using a bracket that slips under the battery to hold mine in place. also using a sealed AGM motorcycle battery for space. battery tray and bracket had to be cut to fit it there.

·
Registered
588 Posts
it has never had any issue starting with the small battery, i got it local, looked for the same specs as the odyssey pc680.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
No I dont have a drainback and dont want one after seeing pictures of the shit that comes out. I think I had this setup installed on my hx for about 4 months and not one drop of oil was in the can, same thing on my sedan its been installed for about 6 months now and still not a drop of oil inside

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
No I dont have a drainback and dont want one after seeing pictures of the shit that comes out. I think I had this setup installed on my hx for about 4 months and not one drop of oil was in the can, same thing on my sedan its been installed for about 6 months now and still not a drop of oil inside
Yea I been debating on drain back or not.
Dan said that he had used it for yes without problems. The fact that once oil gets in it it drains right back down. So it's different then just sitting I the can for a few days or weeks till you empty it.

But I did have a ebay can that I vented before and it had water in it due to it being cold outside and it didn't have a drain.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts

I have a full bay, it was hard to find a spot for it. But mines mounts to the shock tower. There is a bolt hole there for the wiring. I used that hole and have to extend the other side to mount.

I believed that's where mine is bolted too. Makes routing the hoses a lot easier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts