·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,935 Posts
Removing the smell from leather is easy, any quality leather cleaner like leatherique should get rid of that after a few applications. The issue is that is likely seeped into places you won't be able to get to like seams and through perforation holes.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
Clean then spray vigorously with Fabreese and let sit with windows rolled up and maybe another treatment after that?

·
Registered
ek9 hatch, ej6 coupe
75 Posts
I was a car detailer back in my shit job days. There's a product out called "red hot" that we used for that specific purpose(seats and carpet) The shit is potent and needs to be diluted to a 50/50 mix. You literally take a carwash sponge and soak it then apply to the seat, followed immediately by a nice scrub with a brush. This allows the product to "soak" in to those areas that u can't get to with your hands while ur scrubbing and immediately follow up with a shopvac sucking/pulling that piss/red hot out of the cushion as well. Just work in smaller sections cuz like I said its potent and u don't want it drying before u vacuum and dry it. Depending on the severity two times may be done but that was only in really extreme cases. Hope u find it and do this because its the only real way to approach animal urine that actually removes it vs. Covering it up. Let me kno if u have trouble finding it and I can make sure its the right stuff

·
Registered
ek9 hatch, ej6 coupe
75 Posts
I'd buy new seats too but the product is $19 a gallon and 2hrs hard labor. You'd spend that time swapping seats. It's your choice just an alternative to new seats.

I don't think it really matters what we say cuz the op hasn't shown his face in 2 weeks. Wtf
He either died from the ammonia in the piss or doesn't care

·
Registered
Aztec Green EJ2
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sorry I disappeared, School is harsh sometimes

I use cat blood. May not get rid of the smell but it will make you feel better.
It's not the cat's fault, he was high as Fcuk because we just had him neutered, shit's expensive... cannot kill...

MyblkVTEC said:
Buy new seats.
Tese are Volvo leather seats, probably worth more than 500$ each considering all the motors and electronic whatnot that come with it.

I used vinegar+water a couple times
I then used leather cleaner (canadian tire)
Doesn't smell anymore,
but againt it's only -20'F here... any smell just disappears...
I'll have to wait until sun shines on it during summer to see if it truly worked.

Thanks for the Help everyone!

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I've got cats, and one that likes to piss on EVERYTHING, and it is hard to get the smell out. I think the missus has some 409 animal spray.

Funny story, do NOT let it stay on anything. My cat peed on a box of my ARP head studs and it deterioted the metal...like ATE HARDENED STEEL.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts