Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
is your car obd2 or 1 mine is obd2 and i removed my cat and installed a o2 simulator and it keeeps my light off

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
His is OBD2... He probably doesn't want to have his car stink... I personally like the fact that I can't smell my car.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
number 1 it is.... thanks Ive heard good things about them so, I thought I would ask anyway........

·
Registered
836 Posts
um....I had been through two magnacrap cats in two years. Just had the shop pull chucks of broken "honeycomb" from my exhaust pipe because they break apart. I would go with cat number 2 and avoid magnacrap at all costs. I haven't even hit the cat on anything and they end up breaking. My new cat has a metal core which I purchased off ebay for 60 :) It resembles the second one somewhat in that it does not have a heatshield.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eg6motion said:
um....I had been through two magnacrap cats in two years. Just had the shop pull chucks of broken "honeycomb" from my exhaust pipe because they break apart. I would go with cat number 2 and avoid magnacrap at all costs. I haven't even hit the cat on anything and they end up breaking. My new cat has a metal core which I purchased off ebay for 60 :) It resembles the second one somewhat in that it does not have a heatshield.
really??? can anyone else confirm this???

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well Ive had my 2.25 magnaflow carsound for a year and no probs, I just wanted to make sure it was good to go with... I think Im still gonna get one, its a good name and for 56 bucks you cant go wrong..... *shrugs*

·
Registered
836 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
really??? can anyone else confirm this???
I knew I should have taken pictures. The shop was wondering what the hell happened. The cat had no scrapes on it from road-debris or anything either. I would have taken the whole thing home but it was still soo hot even after they finished the car...probably because the exhaust was blocked. Here is the link for the ebay seller I got the cat from.
http://www.performance-curve.com/
he has a few different types.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts