1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carne Asada Tacos;

Supplies are as follows
Table cream *la mexicana brand* optional.
1 package Carne Asada
1 container of thin taqueria style salsa or sauce, *i use herdez Ranchera canned *
1 Large White Onion
1 bushel of cilantro
equiv. of 1/2 cup lime juice and lemon juice
1/2 cup orange juice
Chile De Limon powder
Corn tortillas
Avacado
Cabbage (shredded or a whole head)
Cotija cheese or queso fresco.

ok so, grab your self a marinating dish, something to contain your meat *hah* and the marinade, add the meat 1/2 lemon,lime and orange juice (maybe some corona or tecate if you happen to be drinking) add in the cilantro between the slices of asada .
cut your large white onion in half and dice it, or dice the whole thing* your gonna need to dice it eventually* throw some onion in the marinade as well. (let sit for atleast 2 hours or more. the citric acid breaks down the meat and makes it tenders!. =P

after its marinaded take it out and begin to choppin it up, into strips and then across 1/4 inch lil chunks will be ok or what ever you can trust your self to cut.

take a pot and throw in some of that onion,cilantro,meat,Chile De limon' powder,salt,pepper and some more of that marinade and cook it up, do not over cook your meat, it wont take long since its small pieces

*slice up your avacado/shred your cabbage/crumble your cheese and get your tortillas ready*.

after your meat is done make sure your ready to make your tacos, bowl of onions,plated and sliced avacado,bowl of cabbage,crumbled cheese. couple lemon/lime wedges, salt.

the way i do my tortillas is on the burner, use 2 per taco , use the burner to not only warm them but put a lil love on em too,.

thats about it. put sliced avocado down, your meat,onion,cilantro, some cabbage, top with cheese and a bit of squeezed lemon and salt-

guaranteed.
holla!

shit, dont forget the tapatio!.

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
hmmm sounds good.. but. missing a couple of things.

1) some good chile (home made FTB)
2) wile youre cookin grill some of them Green onions with some salt!!! ooohhhhh im drooling just thinkin of it!!!

shit we needa host a BBQ!!!

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yum grilled green onions on top would be the finishing touch.. i dont trust my self to make teh chile' ill leave that for the true brown guys

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
I´ll add some guacamole and papa asada.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
pics or it never happened :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would add some entire onion cuted in 4 parts with salt warped in aluminum foil over the char broil.

and maybe some "chiles gueros" with cheese inside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts