Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a eg hatch dual carby setup and I was told that if I want to drop in a ZC engine it is possible to use my existing wiring harness, because (as I was told) even tho it's dual carby, it still has an ecu..

It's the Aussie 'breeze' model..

Is this tru, and if so can anyone point me in the right direction for doing this?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
you probably dont have a dual carb motor, but dual point fuel injection. You'll have to convert to MPFI for the ZC, but since it's obd-1, I am unsure of how to do it. Someone will chime in with the answer for you.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's actually a dual carby - i'm from Oz, they're more common here

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No you will need to run a complete fuel injected harness from the engine bay all the way to the cab including fuse boxes. You also have to get new fuel lines has carb fuel lines are meant for 5-7 psi not 40+ psi fuel injection gives. You also have to install the fuel injected fuel pump. Unless you can find a complete donor car to take all the wiring from its a huge pain

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have

zc engine, gearbox, ecu, wiring harness, mounts, axles,

fuel lines are pretty cheap..

all i need now is an efi fuel tank for an eg

am i missing something here?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
performance/aftermarket parts are a pain to source in australia

unless someone can say otherwise?

i havent the slightest clue about carbs also...

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
michael_antoi said:
it's actually a dual carby - i'm from Oz, they're more common here
ah, sorry, my bad man....Check out the stickied CARB thread. You can source up some stuff from the fellas here. I'd rather have a carb setup than a FI setup.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh if only i could get parts for it...

shipping would be a bitch if i bought stuff in the states..

might have a look locally...

what sort of stuff would i be looking at?

weber carby's etc..?

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
have a look at the carb thred as civic90ex said , you can do a lot with your set up,
most of it for free , trust me a carb too F/I swap is not worth the time/ money
make the most of what you have , from what i have been told in oz you get a lot of inports so have alook in the junk yard for some JDM stuff , like cams ect

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
yeah. i want to go carbs but my car is efi and i feel it would be going backwards. bit in your case bud, get a set of webbers of somthing, get regrinds, a good header/ exhaust setup ect, go for broke. DOHC ZC's sound siiiik with carbies on them. and they go hard too.

Another option, is FCR flatslide motorcycle carbs, hibino's d1 ae86 levin has them on the side of a 100kw 4age. it would be cool to see them on a ZC. they claim 150ps w/ mods. pretty cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts