Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
All is possible but you just have to think how will make A/F richer or lean when on boost, or not... and vaccum probleme with carb... With carb, little bit hard, if you can put FMU or something like it may works ?! I really never heard peple that make that with small engine... Try on chevy, or any big blocs engine places, they make often twin carb and supercharger... they surrelly help you better than me !

good luck

:)

O

·
0 Posts
you can't use a fmu on carbs. they run only a 9-14psi worth of fuel pressure. you can do a turbo setup, but your goign to have to start off with like 4psi and jet it rich and start from there. you'll have to use jeting to adjust for the fueling much liek they did back in the early days. it's tricky and no where near as accurate. It take sa lot more work too. so if you do try it, be warned, It's a pain in the butt.

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
yes you can run a fmu on a carb set up. i have a dual webber down drafts on my 500hp RX-7 and i have a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. you have to make sure that you have 2 pounds of fuel pressure for every 1 pound of boost or it will blow the fuel back into the carb.

here's a pic of the cartech turbo box that sits over my carbs. i have the blow threw type. you can also make a draw threw type wich put's the carbs over where the boost comes into the motor. not to sure how to set that up though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts