Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna rid my civic of the wing, but I dont want the holes to be left there, so Im gonna get a carbon trunk, spendy?? fuck yeah!!! ouch, but I have a black civ and I think it would go good with my carbon hood!! :) So what do u guys think about the idea? Could I drive in somewhat cold weather with it on do u think? Thanks Paul

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
I sure as hell would if i could afford that 400$ bite...
I would rather put it into my engine..just me though..I have a white car so it looks funny..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
black on white always looks good. :TU:
MyblkVTEC -> It seems like you've got gobs of money to spend so it's your choice, but you could go to AceHardware in the fastener section and get some black, little flat rubber plugs and just pop them in the holes in your trunk. They'll keep the water out too. Since your car is black you really wouldn't notice them and it'd be less than $3.
Something like this:

-ic

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never thought of that, not bad man, but for style's sake, I might just get a new trunk, I mean itll look more respectable without that damn aluminum wing...lol..I cant wait!! Ill have pics u best believe when there both on!!!! :)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I aint rich, I bust my ass for my money, its just 80 percent of my check is towards the civic and the rest bills...:)

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
I aint rich, I bust my ass for my money, its just 80 percent of my check is towards the civic and the rest bills...:)
damn my check about 75% bills, 20% money to live on, 5% for the civic

J

·
0 Posts
where are you getting it from - I haven't been able to find them on any sites after one went down... I always wanted both hood and trunk on my white coupe - but on your black one it'll be nice! :TU:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
take everything off ur car.... use some bonda... put it in primer grey... get some steelies with sticky rubber.. slam it... then swap a k..

I

·
0 Posts
Once I paint my car I am going to start saving for a Carbon Fiber trunk and hood.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
I am gonna rid my civic of the wing, but I dont want the holes to be left there, so Im gonna get a carbon trunk, spendy?? fuck yeah!!! ouch, but I have a black civ and I think it would go good with my carbon hood!! :) So what do u guys think about the idea? Could I drive in somewhat cold weather with it on do u think? Thanks Paul
CF trunks looks sweet. There's a guy on H-T by the name of Bryan F (a.k.a. EGStreetHtch) who has the VIS CF tailgate on his EG hatch and it looks nice (see pic below of his car). I talked to him through email to ask about them. He told me his hood, wing and lip are all VIS units and he is quite happy with them and the fitment is good.

rotory20 said:
...just me though..I have a white car so it looks funny..
No way man it would look good. See \/ \/ \/ \/

IMO I think the CF parts on a white Civic (**EDIT** make that ANY Civic) look good. The only parts I would shy away from are the CF fenders. I just can't justify spending that kind of money for such a small loss of weight since the OEM fenders don't weigh all that much to begin with.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, carbon hood and trunk is the way Im gonna go, along with the real carbon F1 mirrors I got :)

·
not a wanksta
1,202 Posts
cf hoods and trunks are what make the "others" (by that i mean non civic owners) call us all ricers. black on a civic is undoubtedly one of the absolute cleanest colors you could possibly have. i bet your car looks super clean now... and since it is black, i bet the grommets mentioned by icarusdown would hardly be noticeable. i guess i just dont like cf in that large of a spot. i mean, on the dash... ok, it looks nice. but the entire trunk? it will just look like you got in an accident. just my $.02, black is a very clean color for a civic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts