Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i'm just curious before i make any large orders for carbon fiber parts. If I got a carbon fiber hood and trunk lid would that honestly save me weight. A hood isn't that heavy for a EG and I can't imagine the trunk being all that heavy. Please let me know before i make a buy.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i've got a black EG coupe... so another question would be, should i leave it carbon fiber or paint it and just use it for the weight saving factor? remember its on a black civic!

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
hondaluver said:
well i've got a black EG coupe... so another question would be, should i leave it carbon fiber or paint it and just use it for the weight saving factor? remember its on a black civic!

i to have a black civic ...i think the carbon looks great on black ...check it out in the thread below

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
dont paint the carbon!!! its too pretty to paint.... haha, but yeah the girls around here know what it is..... :) I guess I just get lucky round here....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
hehe sounds good bro, its nice having chicks drive by and give you thumbs up and blow a kiss.... im never gonna get sick of it :) awwww thank God Im still young!!! HOLLA!!

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
I wouldn't paint the carbon either it looks great on a black car but if you want to paint it black buy get a fiberglass hood and trunk and paint it probaly cheaper than carbon but i have an oem vis carbon hood on a 00 hatch and it weighs half the weight of the stock one plus looks really nice.

·
Registered
879 Posts
yes, carbon fiber is definitely more lightweight. think about all of the JGTC cars out there that have huge fenders and sometimes entire bodies made of CF.

i think you'll notice a difference.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
I got the VIS cf hood and trunk and they save a lot of weight, hell when I release the trunk it flies up its so light... :)
Yep I have both too...and compared to stock...they are a lot lighter...very good investment in my opinion! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts