Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my cf trunk I noticed that in the corners there is a slight crack on the edge of the license plate section.... I dont know how this could have happened... but I was wondering is there a way to fix this... I cannot find the license plate piece anywhere, sold seperately. Anyone know? Would an autobody shop be able to fix this? I dont have a camera handy, but the cracks are very thin... barely noticable.... but im anal and I noticed them... ha

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
is it a crack in the carbon or just the clear coat?

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
wet sand and put another coat of clear on it and wet sand to get orange peel out and wax.......thats how i would do it but im probably wrong

·
Registered
98 Hatchback
571 Posts
Depending on how the crack is, you could probably take the approach of repairing cracks on metal:
drill small holes on both ends of the crack, groove out the crack a little bit, then add some epoxy to it. In terms of making it look nice again, I do not know.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Depending on how the crack is, you could probably take the approach of repairing cracks on metal:
drill small holes on both ends of the crack, groove out the crack a little bit, then add some epoxy to it. In terms of making it look nice again, I do not know.
if you know what carbon fiber looks like this will not work lol.

i have a small crack on my CF hood where it latches down.. light sand it and reclear as long as its not all the way through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts