Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of putting one on my car but living in Chicago with the weather i don't know if i should, how do they stand up to weather because i don't have a garage?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcoem to D-series..I would think that if you gewt one and are worried about the elements since you don't have a garage then maybe spend hte $$ on the hood. Then once you get it first put a good coat of wax on it. Then maybe invest in a good car cover for that litle bit extra.

If you keep the hood waxed I would say that there won't be any problems/issues..

Hope this may help...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Michigan and have had my CF hood for about a year now. Haven't had any problems with it yet. My suggestion is to spend some money and get quality. ViS has been great for me.

--Dennis

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
TeamHeadTuners said:
I was thinking of putting one on my car but living in Chicago with the weather i don't know if i should, how do they stand up to weather because i don't have a garage?
Shoot i live in NOrth Dakota... I just take off my CF hood.. and put it in my friends basement... until march! I spent too much money to have that thing crack or something worse happen to it...:cry: maybe im just worried to much, but its better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yea man I would take it off for winter, I already took mine off because it dont like that kind of weather.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had bad luck in canda with my cf hood first it flew up and cracked the clearcoat and streched the cf. next i hit a woman frum behind and split the two layers of the hood all wuz fine for like 2 months when i wuz driving and the cf rolled back and flew off. everyone told me i should take off the hood in the winter but i didnt listen. my hood standed the weather fine i didnt treat any differently than a stock one so take it off if ur paranoid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts