Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have got a dohc zc carbed with dual Solex c40 velocity stacks, delta cams, etc etc etc

i want to get a configurable ignition system, kuse the vaccum distribuitor is driving me crazy i cant tune it...

what do you recomend a good and cheap tunable system to my setup?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Umm from my knowledge of itb's you should tune individually for the best performance, but maybe you should just mess with timing. Chech out the carb tech in engine building.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know that thread and all ready read it very times, but i need to buy some thing to tune the ignition ... the distributor itseft it isent in is best shape to... so im just accepting opinions like MSD 8979 Multi-Function Ignition Controller would be great but it´s very expensive i am looking for some opinions on some other ignitions systems if cheapest better :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you understand electronics even a bit, I suggest you to look at Megasquirt, or new Microsquirt that you don't even have to build yourself. It would make great, cheap 3D-mappable(you can use manifold pressure or throttle angle as variable) ignition system for you, and be ready to just wire up fuel injectors if you want fuel injection in some point.

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
If you use the msd, you can use the magnetic pick up wires and set your timing at 36 degrees to start. Then if you get it tunrd, they can tune it to proper timing. I am using the Digital 6 the same way.
Don

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
HPV-1 is the first version of the HPX. You can sometimes find them on ebay. But an MSD 6al or even better digital 6 will work just fine. That is what Bisi used. He runs a digital7 now . But all the same. If he can use MSD instead of a super high dollar setup and break records, he must be doing something right.
Don

·
Registered
79 Posts
Super cheap...

Can't a honda ecu be used just for timing control, with a standart efi honda distributor ?

That's super cheap.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
You can use the standard efi distributor. And inside of it there is a magnetic pick up sensor. You can connect the sensor wires to the magnetic pickup wires from an MSD and run it that way. This is what Bisi told me and this is how he is running his setup. As soon as I get my Digital6 I will do the same. Just set the timing at 36 degrees advanced. That is locked timing. Or you can use a mechanical advance distributor if you can find one. I have one now but I am not staying with it for long. Very inexpensive setup using the MSD.
Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.