Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
It's quite a daunting task on a carbed Civic, and that is a car that came with EFI from the factory... let alone a City that never had an EFI version. You'll make more power if you run the y8 with good carbs (Weber, Mikuni, Dellorto... even bike carbs on the runners of a hacked up stock manifold). It'll be not unlike an ITB setup, but without the hassle.

·
Registered
512 Posts
But the question arises : why ?

Unless you go boosted, I see a set of decent carbs as the better option tout court. (excuse my French, I don't know how to express that in English... nor in Dutch or any other language, come to think of it :noway: )

You could even get a set of Keihin CV carbs off a D14a1 or D16z1 and use those for a cheap solution. I doubt they'll lose you power, since the D16z1 makes just as much power as a D16a6, and people put z6/y8 heads on the z1 too with good result.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I was pointing at mounting the dual carbs on the D16y8 engine instead of using the fuel injection. ;)

The ECU will only be used for the ignition (make sure you chip and tune it for best power).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.