Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know this is wrong, but if i was to swap parts from a greddy kit to make my current turbo kit carb legal what would i need to buy? many thanks

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
that wont work...the carb exemption is for the parts specified in the kit, once deviated from this, exemption is rendered void...even adding a bov or intercooler kit to a greddy turbo voids carb exemption

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah, like K1dfreeze says any changes even a intercooler voids the exemption. I personally dont know about carb laws cause KY doesn't have any as far as testing goes, so i wouldnt know exactly what would make your car a go or no go.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know that it will void the carb exmp..just that i had a dc header i got off a buddy and the carb tab was broken off one side..so dumb me took it off..well the guy at the smog place fail me because it didnt have the carb label..so how i'm wondering..even i was to add the intercooler..would the run-in-the-mill smog place know the diffrent? i have a near complete RavHard turbo kit but its not carb legal..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damm..so even if i have a complete carb legal kit it will have a hard time pass the sniffer test?? say if i just add the intercooler and all the intercooler did was cool the air but pass the visual will adding just the intercooler mess up my sniffer test? or say if i change my downpipe for a bigger one..will that mess up my sniffer test?? change the stock psi? or say if i have a carb legal greddy kit for my car and i upgrade my turbo compresser turbine will that jack up my sniffer test?

if any of these can mess up the sniffer test then whats the point of being carb legel if u cant pass a Smog test with them install??

Many thanks to all the people that has reply
gao

·
Registered
369 Posts
well the visual will be the hard part. As far as the actual testing they don't take it past 40 and i've never seen them go past 4k to get to that speed so i would tune it lean to pass it. then adjust back to your normal set-up after. also remember to drive the car a bit before you go.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
or take the kit off to pass the test and put it back on. this is a pain but you would pass and get the car registered. just my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts