Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own 95 Civic EG3 with a D13B Carb engine, I have got my hands on a D15B Dual Carb engine. I was wondering does anyone know if there is any huge difference between the two.

Both are D Series so there should be no problem with engine mounts, is there anything I should be looking out for when swapping to the D15B.

Also I have the trans already on the D15B will I keep this or swap on the old trans from the D13B.

Will the axles fit from the D13B because I wasnt given any with the D15B.

Any Help Appreciated

BrainZ

·
Registered
512 Posts
- D15b is a lot more powerful, the D13b is 70bhp while the stock D15b will easily put down 100-110bhp
- keep the D13 gearbox in place, it's nice 'n' short geared : better acceleration :)
- If you're feeling funky, keep the D13b in place, but mount the dual carbs on that and swap the cam and valve springs for the D15b ones. Don't forget to re-adjust the jetting in the carbs (when no clue : ask a pro for this, it's important to get it right ! Harley Davidson shops usually know how to adjust and tune the Keihin CV carbs). Let us know the results, my guess is D15b power but a bit higher in revs and with better response than the D15b... but I'm just guessing, nobody has done it before to my knowledge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, the reason Iam changing over is due piston rings are gone in the D13B. So its gonna be a full swap. I'll keep the trans from the D13B.

I'll keep you posted with results and problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You from Ireland?

Hey man, that swop sounds real good for pretty big power increases. I should be starting a swap myself soon. Made a mess of my 4 door teg, so im puttin my engine into a coupe version. (like the 4 door better tho lol).
keep us posted on how your gettin on with your swap anyway man.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah Iam in Waterford, gonna start the swap next week some time.

Iam gonna go with the D15B engine and D13B gearbox, can't wait will be a nice step up from a 1.3. Once I get it in then I get busy with some tuning.

I was gonna try and swap to a Fuel Injection D15B but it was too much hassle, gonna stick with Carbs.

How did you find the Teg to move with the D15B ?

Yeah I will keep you posted, this is my first swap so plenty to learn and Iam sure i'll need plenty of help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Started the tear dwown of the D15B today. Everything went smoothly, had a bit of bother getting the Crank Pulley Bolt will get someone with an impact wrench to give it ago. Considering this is my first build I was thinking about giving the bottom end to someone to inspect and to replace any parts.

Just a couple of questions,

Would it be best to do the above or to try tackle it myself ? Before the build I was hoping to do the work to the bottom end and to send the head to a shop to get done, but thinking about it I want everything to be done right and to work. Would it be wise to do the work to the bottom end myself ?

Also if I want to swap anything out now like pistons, header etc what can I go with, will any D15B upgrades all fit ?

This is gonna be a N/A street build which is my daily driver.

Thanks
Brainz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts