Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was bored so I took out my auto brake pedal and installed the manual brake pedal on the auto bracket (which is a bad idea because the rubber stop (for the brake light sensor) on the auto pedal is on in the same position on the manual).

So I took the rubber stop off the manual pedal and has some metal scraps lying around and cut one long enough to reach from the rubber stop on the manual pedal to the sensor on the auto bracket and screwed the metal piece to the manual pedal so when the pedal is not being pressed in by your foot, the metal piece will hit the sensor to turn your brake lights off.

Well I had my battery power and ground still connected while doing this. I think I disconnected that brake light sensor throughout the pedal swap but I highly doubt this caused my car to not start this morning.

Last night when I was done with the pedal swap I turned my car on to see if the brake lights would work and they did. I turned the car off and locked the doors and went to bed. Got up and the car wouldnt start. IT DIDNT EVEN MAKE A NOISE WHEN I TURNED THE KEY! A friend said it was the battey but my dome lights, headlights, gauge lights, brake lights all come on. Booster Pak said it was charged. Battery Charger said it was charged.

What could the problem be? I checked the wire that runs to the starter.. its connected.

Is it my starter? Is it the battery? If anyone has any info on what it could be or any advice to try let me know.

I even tried turning the car on with the booster pack connected to battery and that didnt work. I am so lost.

Could it be from something I did the night before or just a mishaps that happened out of nowhere like bad starter or altinator?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
probably something you did the night before, recheck all your wireing connections.........................

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only disconnected 1 wire (it was a sensor). The wires that go to the sensor on the brake pedal to tell your brake lights to turn on and off when you hit the pedal. I unplugged this while swapping the brake pedal last night and re-connected it when I was done. then the car cranked up and brake lights worked when I hit the pedal so I shut it off and went to bed. Morning came and nothing happens at all.

I have no clue what is wrong. Battery is fine btw so I know it's not that.

Reactions: vtec-e94hatch

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
use a volt meter to check if the voltage is getting to the starter solinoid, sometimes shit just fails. check any connections near to where you were working, when you disconnect some wires you may mess with another connection without knowing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
what i do is turn on the headlight and try to start the engine. if the light dose not dim a little then their no power going to the starter. bad connection or bad starter.if the light dim and gose off, battery if low. good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info... I'll try and figure it out some how

1 - 6 of 6 Posts