Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the cam cover off yesturday because the seal's for around the spark plugs were letting oil passed and filling my plug's with oil.

So I removed the cover and noticed my belt was really slack. It's only been on there about 600 miles and was obviously ok then.

So, i tightened the belt back up to normal tension, but the mark on the timing cover case and bottom crank pulley looks 1 (maybe half) tooth out.

The actual mark on the pulley and the oil pump look perfect though.

The car also doesn't idle as well any more when first started, and tends to look a little rich, but drives boost etc perfect.

I miss shifted from 3rd to second and over reved the car last week, could this have cause the belt to stretch? I can't think of anything else.

·
Registered
24 Posts
could be the belt and/or the tensioner spring.

have you measure the spring? is it within spec?

you might as well replace the whole kit. tensioner,belt,etc.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be the belt and/or the tensioner spring.

have you measure the spring? is it within spec?

you might as well replace the whole kit. tensioner,belt,etc.
It's brand new, only done 600 miles, the tensioner seem's fine, the spring seemed a little loose so i added some more tension by hand.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
well, if we knew what motor your were workign on and which timing marks you were using, we MIGHT be able to help.

For example............

This in time or not?

HUSH! TRICK QUESTION!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, if we knew what motor your were workign on and which timing marks you were using, we MIGHT be able to help.

For example............

This in time or not?

HUSH! TRICK QUESTION!

Depends where the bottom pulley is, if there's slack in the belt and which side has the most slack, if the blocks been decked etc etc.

Mines a D16Z6, standard deck height and head, standard cam and gear.

Vitara's and eagle rods.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If that's a full Z6 engine then no.
Would depend on if the plastic cover is on correctly as well.

but, this isn't helping my problem haha.

I'm still running the car, after all, it's only half a tooth out, it seems to make the same power as always, same EGT's, randomly it run's richer off boost though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts