Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my brothers car 94 d16z6 with an automatic tranny.
Problem: it wont start. things that i have check so far is spark even i put a new distributor(spl) so i have good spark, but everytime that i pull the sparks plugs theyre flooded. If the sparks are flooded that mean injectors are work rights? Compression seem to be fine.
What else can do or check?
Please he needs his car runnig soon!!
Thanx in advance people!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after 3 set of sparks still having the same problem

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are really bad soaked in fuel, Also the ecu is completly stock. there are no mod done to the car. Complety stock

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only thing that makes any engine run is air, fuel, spark, and timing. If you have fuel, air, and spark, I would way - something with timing.

Just quoting the basics you understand....

Jason

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hope no one thinks I was being a wise ass in the last comment. Just stating the obvious. Of course - with computer controlled vehicles - timing, fuel, and air has a lot to due with sensors as well. I was just stating something to think about with timing. Now you might want to think about what controls the timing and etc....

Jason

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
You didn't sound like an ass to me. You could be right. I think he said something about a new dizzy so the timing could be off. If the plugs are fuel soaked the obviously the injectors work and i'm sure it's getting plenty of air so check the timing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea i forgot to mention that i cheked the timing!!
Timing is fine!!! Well...as far as know timing is ok
New dizzy, new plugs and wires, i replaced injectors a couplw weeks ago.
So cant figure out whats the damn problem with the car.
Please!!!

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Check the ECU codes......lol....then see what it points too....stock car...should tell you something..

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
are the spark plug wires in the right order
Good call.

Cause if it's cranking and soaking the plugs with fuel, I would say that it isn't getting spark or isn't getting spark at the right time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check the ECU codes......lol....then see what it points too....stock car...should tell you something..
How do i check the codes? cuz isnt throwing sny code!!
Yes the wires are in the right order
How do check the ecu?

·
Registered
721 Posts
What I was going to say.
CAN I GET AN AMEN lol! sorry...haha

I fucked that up once too, got the firing order backwards...started from the wrong side of the car after puttin a new motor in lol!

Sounds like you DON'T have spark, cause if your plugs are soaked, then you should have fire wich means the plugs should be dry, unless they ARE firing in the wrong order, or you don't have enough compression...lets try to figure this out backwards, why did the car stop running in the first place?

It would suck if your bro bent some valves and you got no compression...when you roll it over is it quieter than normal?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
he never have a problem before with the car, we do all maintenace(spl)in time but one day car suddenly stop and wont start again. So check for spark, no spark, coool i tought i find the problem so i went to buy a new dizzy, now i have good spark but still engine wont run:cussing:, then check for fuel ok i have fuel, just in case i checked wires to verify id they were in the right order, they are fine, next timing belt is right in time, everything is aligned properly. Finally i did comp test, results were fairly OK!! One of the cylinders was a bit low, but it wont cause an engine to stop.
So all the basics things seem to be fine
Ppl mention to check ECU, i havent yet cuz i dont know how to do?
Please tell me how do i perform an ecu check?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what do you mean by ignition contact?
This car is driving me crazy!!:cussing:
I dont know what to do!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts