Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I install my DSM injectors 450cc. Now my car won't start. It crank but it won't start. We are getting pressure and fuel, but it flood my spark plugs. When it does start then it idles very bad. Anybody help me out???

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
^^^ i don't know about that i put 550's into my car on stock ECU and the car started right up and ran....but if it wasnt for pissing fuel outa my rail i had to stop it.

i dont think that you said anything about a resistor box. if you have 1 installed make sure you have it wired up the right way

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
why would you even put 550's on a stock ECU? "aww my stock injectors went out and i just happened to have a set of 550's laying around..." lol. if you're running bigger injectors there must be a reason and that reason has to involve an aftermarket form of engine management. you don't just put bigger injectors on a stock motor.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i put them in for my boosted Y8. i have a chipped ECU but after we had them all wired in there conversion harness was shit and fell apart so i had to order a new 1. but yes i do have after market EM. but when we put them in i did not have it in.

also im assuming that he has a FI/NA car that would need these

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, I put them in and I have a P28 chipped ECU that is chipped to run my 450 injectors. The reason why I ask because my brother in law has some 450 in his B16 and now he's not boosting it ran okay. They hooked it up and it started it up fine. Like I mention it also have a resistor box with it also. We hooked up all the signal and the power onto my stock injector harness and fuel pump is working fine.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
okay, I put them in and I have a P28 chipped ECU that is chipped to run my 450 injectors. The reason why I ask because my brother in law has some 450 in his B16 and now he's not boosting it ran okay. They hooked it up and it started it up fine. Like I mention it also have a resistor box with it also. We hooked up all the signal and the power onto my stock injector harness and fuel pump is working fine.
What map is on the chip? If you just got it, chances are they provided you a basemap. Only other thing I can think of: They put a basemap that will let your car run on the DSM 450s but there isn't a jumper in the J1 spot of your ecu board.

I don't know who/where you got the ecu setup from. Take your ecu out, pop the top cover off and post a pic of it(unless you got it from a reputable company like xenocron or moates).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure what map it is..but I got the ecu chipped from Minneapolis, Mn. All he did to it was setup a basemap so my car can run with the 450cc injectors only. Anything else, I have to get it tune.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
I'm not sure what map it is..but I got the ecu chipped from Minneapolis, Mn. All he did to it was setup a basemap so my car can run with the 450cc injectors only. Anything else, I have to get it tune.
I'd put money on he put a stock map on it then

1 - 15 of 15 Posts