Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
My SI!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finished cleaning my engine bay today because it was filthy...ive read tons of threads on how to do this and i think i did it right....i started covering the whole distributer, battery, fuses..after cleaning and drying it...the car wont start..so i started checking for any disconnected cables and still car wont start...so me and my Buddie push start the car. it started right up and stays on..we went on a 30 min cruise so everything could dry up. we get home and still the car wont start. we think the starter went out. hopefully someone could help me

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
I'd make sure the starter ground hasn't loosened any, try getting down there and taking it off, clean it up a bit, spray some WD-40 or electrical contact cleaner on it and bolt it back on. Check all the other grounds while you are at it as well, just to make sure you have everything working great.

·
Registered
My SI!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd make sure the starter ground hasn't loosened any, try getting down there and taking it off, clean it up a bit, spray some WD-40 or electrical contact cleaner on it and bolt it back on. Check all the other grounds while you are at it as well, just to make sure you have everything working great.
first thing tommrow i would do that.. i will get back on that

probly got some water in the distributor.

edit:reading owns me sorry
im pretty sure i did not get water in there. i coverd it up pretty nicely.. and if i push start the car it stays on it doesn't die at all

the car does not crank at all...once i turn the key in the ignition it doesn't make no noise at all

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
The lack of reliability from your TSi has rubbed off onto your Honda. Keep them seperated for a while and this problem should pass. :haha:

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
the car does not crank at all...once i turn the key in the ignition it doesn't make no noise at all

Check the starter. Try beating it w/ a hammer and see if it'll start once you do that. If you have a friend on of you hit the starter and have the other turning the key over.

·
Registered
My SI!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lack of reliability from your TSi has rubbed off onto your Honda. Keep them seperated for a while and this problem should pass. :haha:
ha ha....yeah i kno...i love dsm and honda's but when my is 100% it feels like a porche!

Check the starter. Try beating it w/ a hammer and see if it'll start once you do that. If you have a friend on of you hit the starter and have the other turning the key over.
yeah ill try that also....

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
ha ha....yeah i kno...i love dsm and honda's but when my is 100% it feels like a porche!

yeah ill try that also....
My first 2 cars were 90 TSi's. I'll build another one after my next build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts