Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After i blocked my IACV off, the car started, ran for a bit, then started running like it had a cam before dying. I tried starting it again and it gave a few signs of life, but won't run, if i give it more throttle, it doesn't help. I tried burning a new chip thinking my tune was so off now that it was causing the engine to not run, but when trying to do this, i keep getting random sector writes, if i move the chip around, it changes to another sector, does this on 3 chips.

:cussing:

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
how did you plug it? I've just removed the connector and it started and ran fine, the rpm's usually need to be raised a little though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guest said:
how did you plug it? I've just removed the connector and it started and ran fine, the rpm's usually need to be raised a little though.
I ran a block off plate between it and the IM, if i unplug it i throw a CEL.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what i'll do is replace my ZIF socket and go from there. I messed with the screw and it made no difference.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car's idle bounces from 1,000 to 3,000rpms, it shoots to 4,000 as soon as i turn it on, not too great on the engine i don't think. :p Yes, i've tried leaving it on and unplug it, CEL.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
did you ever try to unplug the evap purge solenoid? sometimes that solves idle problems when using some rom editors.

also i have no idea on what car you have or what rom editor your using but if its crome there is a script on pgmfi that makes it so you can unplug the iacv you wont get a cel.

but it seems like you have another problem now.. i just gave some ideas so when you get it running again you can have some more options with the bouncing idle problem.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ECU is fine, ran good until i switched over to 3bar and lost my tune. Always had a little trouble with the IACV though (when it was stock)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zbaber said:
i had a ls turbo crx that had the surging idle problem once... we just went in and disabled the o2 sensor and it fixed everything....give that a shot..
Doesn't help, i tuned my car with the O2 disabled to get the fuel in the general area, then enabled the O2 to compensate for them being off a bit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm running uberdata 1.66, 1.7 gives me a solid CEL and it's the one with the IACV adjustment. I double checked everything in 1.7 and nothing will run my car. I'll keep the ideas in mind, if i can't get it running right, i'll switch to crome or something.

·
Registered
406 Posts
you can use a 10w10ohm resister on the iacv connector to trick the ecu into thinking its still there. this is a problem i have been screwing with on my car as well, i have done everytihng aside from replacng the iacv to make it idle right. in the end i just adjusted my throttle cable so my car idles at 1K and it has no issues. but that was after replacing intake gasket/ checking for vaccum leaks and whatnot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts