Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well got my car running good finally,so i thought. The car runs great when both warm and cold now,but when it is warm it will not hold idle,it just cuts off.

For example ill be coming down the road to a stop sign,take my foot off the gas and tranny out of gear,the car will instantly shut off.

Now if i did the came thing but left my foot on the gas to hold the idle,it runs fine and after about 20 seconds of holding the throttle i can let off and it will stay running.

Also if im parked,and rev it up to any rpm,whether its 3k or 5k,it will come down and just die,will not even attempt to idle.

This happened on my old swap,and this is a completely different swap,nothing from the old one is put on this,not any injectors,sensors,dizzy,02 none of that. Anyone have any ideas,i am not throwing a CEL but am starting to think my harness is fuckdddd.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just noticed,when the car is warm,and the Idle air control valve is unplugged,the car will not even start or run.

·
Registered
eg hatch
187 Posts
thats crazy... my hatch did the same shit today a couple times some one answer this question, por favor!

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
Check your harness pins. I know this sounds weird but my car had the same problem and after a frustrating weekend I found that some of the pins at my ecu and engine harness pins to the iacv were not making good contact. Hope this helps, just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts