Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I would say this, but the front end of my car is too low lol. Here's the setup first:
2000 Civic EX coupe
Koni Yellows (front: highest setting, rear: middle setting)
Eibach Sportline springs
Wheels/Tires: 5.5x14"; 195/60R14

Here's the catch: the Sportline springs are actually the ones meant for the Integra. HOWEVER, they were $100 second-hand, so that makes them the right springs for my budget. :D :yes:

The way my car sits right now is a stinkbug stance (face down, ass up) which is just the way I like it (also prevents my back from rubbing when I load up the trunk for the track). It handles nicely, but the front is really low, just barely tucking. Eventually I want to get 15" wheels sometime in the future, and dropping a few bills on Ground Control sleeves isn't really an option for me right now. Plus, my splash guards hella scrape and they're thrashed right now. :(

I was thinking of getting something like washers or metal rings like what the spring perch is resting on so it would just be raise the front up like a half inch or so. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
hard to find sleeves that fit over konis, fatter than most. GC makes them....
maybe cut the back springs???

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I know it's not what you want to hear but maybe you should consider:

a.) buying the correct springs for your vehicle
b.) Investing in a proper set of coilovers

You spent $100 because you're on a budget but now have to figure out how you're going to ghetto rig this setup to work.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
I would keep saving your money and get the proper springs. Also, I think the Koni yellows that go with the GC sleeves are made differently than regular Koni yellows. You might have to buy the combo.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
True.. Sell the springs to another kid, buy correct springs for your ride.

But these are sportlines.. theyre supposed to be low.. are they cut like some ricer wanted them lower they were designed?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
They're not cut. Not all of us have big budgets to track their car. I don't just use my trunk for just the track you know. Us musicians have to haul heavy shit too. I'm just in it for fun, not some beauty competition or bragging rights.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
The odd thing is I have Civic Sportlines on my Integra and it had a slammed front too! I also have them on my EJ1 and the front is almost no gap while the rear is nearly 2 fingers. Both of mine were NEW IN BOX so I don't think getting the Civic version would help.

Anyways what I did was to raise the shock in the fork slightly. I just moved them up ~1/4" and twisted them so they don't fit in the fork's locating groove any more. Mine are the Orange version, but they are identical at the base. Look up "ef fork mod" if you're unclear. On my EF I raised it up over an inch with Illuminas and drove it like that for thousands of miles. The Teg was a DD for over 2 years like that.

I would keep saving your money and get the proper springs. Also, I think the Koni yellows that go with the GC sleeves are made differently than regular Koni yellows. You might have to buy the combo.
The only difference is they don't come with the spring perch. Both use a circlip, the non-GC perch rests on it.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I remember trying to locate a clean CRV for DD and was nearly impossible. Now there were quite a few that looked their age, but owners were asking wayy too much for them. 3200 for a beat up crv?! cmon now.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
I just saw 2 4wd crvs one lifted with built block,gsr head, jackson racing supercharger claiming it needs a tune, asking $4,300. I think it probably needs 5k of work. The other crv was $6k: stock b20gsr head rebuilt claiming 7k miles on engine precision turbo 300awhp

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,462 Posts
Only two CRV's that I have wanted since my POS....

Nicks and Avijits (SOLD)

The twin, in "used" shape, the VIN numbers are VERY close

A's Boogie....

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
I love DSO.

We take a thread about low cars... and park a bunch of CRVs on it.

My CRV camera station Muhaha (Slo, I "recycled" this photo only because I needed to add more CRV lol)!

Made my day lmao.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
if you got stock diameter tires, you would be nearly 2 inches higher....

stock 14s are 185/65/14 and are right on the money when compared to GPS speedo and ecu's speed read out (OBD2)

195/60/14s will still be slightly lower than stock diameter/height (stock 23.5", 195/60 23.2")

205/60/14 would put you at 23.7" diameter

1 - 20 of 22 Posts