Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday my brother-in law and i took a nice 3 hour drive out to Coeur d'Alene Idaho to meet rrussell for a street tune.
Ryan let me borrow his ostrich for the tuning.
things started out a bit rough. either the ostrich, crome or both seemed to be on the buggy side.
once we where able to get the idle down the tuning got a bit less of a hassle for Russ.
i think the whole tuning session took about 5 hours with all the bugs from the crome-pro.
Russ was cool and collect and worked his way through all the difficulties (horrible ride with a laptop bouncing around, bugs, cramped with spaghetti wires etc.).
the car pulls MUCH better now. now i have the traction issues that used to plague my car, or lack of :cool:
with Russ, my bro in the back sleeping, and I all in the car it still hauled ass.
after the end of the day, we where all burnt out from driving like i had a killer turrets syndrome attack.
Russell being as meticulous as he is called me on the way back to let me know that he smoothed out my maps in my bin even more.
Very Very cool guy.
Ryan and i will test out the newer bin out maybe this evening.
oh, and one more thing! fuel economy was incredible:p
i got in between 40 to 42 mpg while still doing a few rippers on the highway.
Russ told me to take it easy till i get the new bin in place.
off topic, it looks like my turbo needs to have a new supply line.

a very big thumbs up to rrussell
ripper vids coming soon

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Sweet, in for ripper vids!

·
Registered
818 Posts
what a cool guy that russel guy...hope he helps me here in spain...ill pm him when i run in to trouble with my hondata s200

·
Registered
818 Posts
yesterday my brother-in law and i took a nice 3 hour drive out to Coeur d'Alene Idaho to meet rrussell for a street tune.
things started out a bit rough. either the ostrich, crome or both seemed to be on the buggy side.
once we where able to get the idle down the tuning got a bit less of a hassle for Russ.
i think the whole tuning session took about 5 hours with all the bugs from the crome-pro.
Russ was cool and collect and worked his way through all the difficulties (horrible ride with a laptop bouncing around, bugs, cramped with spaghetti wires etc.).
the car pulls MUCH better now. now i have the traction issues that used to plague my car, or lack of :cool:
with Russ, my bro in the back sleeping, and I all in the car it still hauled ass.
after the end of the day, we where all burnt out from driving like i had a killer turrets syndrome attack.
Russell being as meticulous as he is called me on the way back to let me know that he smoothed out my maps in my bin even more.
Very Very cool guy.

ripper vids coming soon
rep for you too:punk:

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts

ripper vids coming soon
how the fuck does a built boosted car get better mpg than my stock crx haha.. hmmm turbo huh?

·
Registered
93 del sol
592 Posts
Very Very cool guy.

ripper vids coming soon
Thanks for the kind words!!!

It was nice finally meeting you and your brother in law.

That car defiantly shitz and gitz!!! Still a little car sick.;)

I'm going to have to get a couple more cars together and have you come back over to do some dyno tuning maybe before the snow flies.

One more thing I drove my Talon this morning it seems slow now. You suck!!! Now i'm going to have to buy another Honda again. LMAO

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind words!!!

It was nice finally meeting you and your brother in law.

That car defiantly shitz and gitz!!! Still a little car sick.;)

I'm going to have to get a couple more cars together and have you come back over to do some dyno tuning maybe before the snow flies.
let me know and ill be right up there. if i have to i can maybe coax someone to have the car trailered up there

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i thought you bought the car from another guy who had it running low 11s? or is this a different car? or am i just lost.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
why not just reuse the same tune as in the last car it seemed to run pretty good to hit a low 11, or are the ECU different?

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that tune was so old it wasnt even funny.
even the original tuner told me that it was way overdue for a tune.
Russ is a perfectionist and has been doing it longer that most of us even had a pubes.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
why not just reuse the same tune as in the last car it seemed to run pretty good to hit a low 11, or are the ECU different?
Different chassis = different tune. The The ELD tables are different between the coupe and sedan, or so I've been told by Joseph Davis :D.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Different chassis = different tune. The The ELD tables are different between the coupe and sedan, or so I've been told by Joseph Davis :D.
x2 thats why im looking for a teg fuse box for my 6th gen

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
dam i wish i lived close to russel!

in for some vids

and rep to both of you!

oh and not to thread jack but waht did i miss with the wobbly h's avatar?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts