Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car idles at 1600-1800 for some reason and blows black smoke with little particles in it. blows smoke when it idles and when i drive. runs really rich. driving from school and home burns 5 bucks of gas and school is less than 1 mile. plugs are black and when i pull the iacv plugs it idles normal. using a p06 chipped. did this after i swapped a z6 head onto a y7. when i pull the chip out it blows even more black smoke. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
get it retuned...the chip is prob not setup for the vtec or the bigger injectors....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking that too. the ecu should be fine though right? im still waiting on the xenocron chip to come in. hopefully monday. the chip came from a burned ecu.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was gonna say overfueled or someone snuck a Turbo Diesel in over night with out you knowing =D

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
cut the j1 jumper in the ECU or send it to me and ill reburn the chip for you. how did you convert your IACV?

vtec wont engage when you cut the j1. but thats normal. the 4200 revlimiter means there is a problem with the ecu. when you take the cover off. look at the Q31 transistor and see if its burnt. if it is, then your IAT and some other sensor is plugged up wrong. if it is burnt the ECU will have to be repaired or you'll have to get a new one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its looks kind of brownish. how can i repair it? what plug can be plugged up wrong?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had wired up the 2 wire iacv wrong fixed. still idles at 1500-1800 and redlines at 4200. everything still acts the. i think i need a new iacv because it idles normal when i pull the plug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts