Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last night i was racing with my 50shot and after all is said and done my car ran ok for a few seconds then it lost power. itll turn over but it wont fire so we checked the plugs and # 2 and 4 were well lets say fucked (melted). so i changed them and it still wouldnt start...wasnt getting any spark. so im guessing its either the cap or rotor. for my ignition setup i got msd sci ignition, blaster coil. and msd cap and stock rotor . my guess is those two things.

·
Registered
342 Posts
sure u wasnt run lean on fuel cause me and a friend melted a piston in a LS swap hatch run lean on fuel and more spray...

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I had the same problem with not getting any spark when trying to start mine.....turned out to be the tdc sensor or something like that. but it was located on the dizzy and the only way to fix it was to replace the whole distributor.....hope you dont have to do that. it cost $150!!

what plugs are you running with your spray? If your melting them, somethings not right. get it checked out......you may have done more damage than you think, and simply changing the plugs wont fix it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
timing belt is still good, im using NGK ZRF6F-11 plugs. we were up till 1am on the county road just seeing what we could do, plugs was the first thing we checked, could be the distributor and i hope it didnt melt a piston. this is the first time its done this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts