Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not real sure what the prob is. I put a new oil pump on the car today and its still doing it. I can crank the car and everything is fine, but if I drive it around the block, and it gets warmed up it starts to lose oil pressure at idle. Could the oil filter be stopped up?

Also, when I rev the car it bogs really bad before RPMs start to build. Could this have something to do with it or could that just be timing or fuel or something?

d16z6 block, b7 head.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Im not real sure what the prob is. I put a new oil pump on the car today and its still doing it. I can crank the car and everything is fine, but if I drive it around the block, and it gets warmed up it starts to lose oil pressure at idle. Could the oil filter be stopped up?

Also, when I rev the car it bogs really bad before RPMs start to build. Could this have something to do with it or could that just be timing or fuel or something?

d16z6 block, b7 head.
just wonder how would you know that oil pressure has dropped? :newbie:

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Bump for answer....interesting indeed....but here are my "educated guess's"
Oil filter-Oil pump-bad oil Gauge-cavities blocked- not sure what else it would possibly be...i whish i had the definate answer....but look into those...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just wonder how would you know that oil pressure has dropped? :newbie:
What are you, retarded?
Because I have a oil pressure gauge. :shocked:

When it drops it fails all the way past 0 and then the oil light comes on in the car.

·
Registered
721 Posts
bogs...maybe vacumn related issues...not really sure, maybe LACK of oil, I don't mean to make you sound retarded, but whats the level at? does it look clean and viscous? sounds like something is suckin from somwhere it shouldnt...crank seal possibilites...I wish I new

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bogs...maybe vacumn related issues...not really sure, maybe LACK of oil, I don't mean to make you sound retarded, but whats the level at? does it look clean and viscous? sounds like something is suckin from somwhere it shouldnt...crank seal possibilites...I wish I new
Nope all that is good. Just put new oil in it when I changed the oil pump. I havent even looked at it today. Damn cold wether.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
the bog would be 1/2 tooth cam timing issue if he used a B7 cam in the B7 head.

More likely sludge in the oil pickup, the death pf many Hondas.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the bog would be 1/2 tooth cam timing issue if he used a B7 cam in the B7 head.

More likely sludge in the oil pickup, the death pf many Hondas.
Thank you sir. You think the oil pickup could have got some gasket sealer in it?

Im going to try and get the timing fixed. Its never been right. I need to get a a6 timing belt and see if that fixes it. This is a fresh motor and its giving hell.

·
Registered
407 Posts

he used sealant around the oil pan gasket.

the clearance point is a good one. that may be the issue but the engine would likely have a rod knocking if you were that loose. Are you using the right set up on the oil pressure orfice/head when you put it together? also, what rpm are you idling at?

i would follow the oiling system path, but definetly dont drive it around this way. you will toast your shit fast.

m.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Clearance is good. Oil pick up is find. I thought it was the oil pickup after mistabone post. But it was find.

The car idles at like 700rpm.

Im going to replace the oil filter in the morning and see what if thats it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well come to find out it was the clearance. Freash motor is now junk cause instead of listen to what people said, I hoped for alittle bit of luck. Well Im not lucky and now I have to put the 1.5 back in the car. Oh well. I'll listen next time.
Boy do I feel like a ass.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts