Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have checked the iacv and the fiv both are good and my car is still sending out the code for the iacv. I bought a new iacv thinking that would fix it well i just wasted $200 cause it still doing it. Dont know what else it could be if somebody could point me in the right direction that be great.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Too much VTEC?

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
Too much VTEC?
LOL at that...

anyways is it only on start up and after it idles does it go down? or if it just does it all the time, vacuum leak more likely. i'd check all hoses and all possible points that air can escape. and as far as the code....did you make sure your connection is good to your IACV? also try to disconnect your battery and wait about i dk a few min then connect it again, see if that resets your ecu. hope this helps.

·
Registered
95 civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it idles high all the time even after awhile i checked for vacuum leaks and nothing no leaks, whenever i disconnect the iacv it goes back to a regular idle

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Take off your intake tube, on your TB there are 2 holes, one right on top of the other on the left side. The bottom hole is the FITV (plug that hole with your thimb during the idle surge and it should either stop the surge or well...not stop it lol) That will determine if the FITV is busted and vise versa for the whole on the top. Are the wires going to the IACV ok? I could imagine if the wire is shorting or even just cut it would do that.

Here you go >THE END OF ALL Idle Surge - Bounce - etc Problems Thread - Honda-Tech

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,474 Posts
Bubbles in your radiator?
that has NO effect, just a myth.

My car pukes a quart every 100 miles into the overflow tank, never a idle issue.

1/2 gallon low on coolant, running hot, idle was rock steady.

·
Registered
"93 Del Sol Si
8 Posts
i dunno man .. when my car gets low on antifreeze it surges!!! Kinda a warning that i need water... check the level and bleed the system.. hope this helps!!

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
i dunno man .. when my car gets low on antifreeze it surges!!! Kinda a warning that i need water... check the level and bleed the system.. hope this helps!!
Never had that happen and no offence, I'm going to go with "that other guy" you know, the one who knows what he is talking about? hahah

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
881 Posts
Hmm yeah I'll trust trans, gotta say I've bleed my system and it still surges.

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
well if it just idles high then do an adjustment with to 10 mm wrenches to lower your idle. but if it actually is surging then yeah check the honda tech or other threads and see if they help. ive usually just seen surging with vacuum leaks or faulty connections.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Is for some reason your throttle cable to tight? lol That'll do it. And did you take a second to click the link I posted, it totally says all the stuff that would cause an idle surge...

·
Registered
95 civic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guys thanks for the advice but i need my car up and running so i just sent it to a mechanic i am tired of fucking with it been fucking with it for like 3 weeks trying to figure out that stupid shit and i had no luck tried what yall said and i cant find the problem

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
hey guys thanks for the advice but i need my car up and running so i just sent it to a mechanic i am tired of fucking with it been fucking with it for like 3 weeks trying to figure out that stupid shit and i had no luck tried what yall said and i cant find the problem
Well now you have to tell us about the entire experience lol. Like how much they charged you and what they did lol.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts