Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not saying the bushings lowered me. I have Koni Yellows with Sportline springs and I have a stinkbug stance (front lower than rear), but somehow my fronts are lower now and I'm scraping everywhere. The fronts were flush, but now they're slightly tucked.

I remember reading with the Koni Yellows instructions about compressing the shock and twisting the shock body for different ride heights. When I was changing the bushings for the shocks, I remember I did turn the shocks a bit. Does anyone remember those instructions sheets and could this be my problem??

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
Twisting the bodies on the yellows does nothing for ride height.

What snap ring location are you using for the lower perch?

Should be able to get the instructions off the KONI-NA website or I can ask Lee.

Also make sure the lower pinch bolt is in correct location. I have seen 92-00 that used 88-91 fronts, and that doesn't go well.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My snap ring location is on the middle, I believe. The shocks were all bought together as for a 96-00 Civic. As I said, they were fine before... I double check the pinch bolt location and snap ring position though.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I meant the upper slot for the snap ring. Forgot that the fronts only have two slots.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
I wonder if you tightened them wrong on the first install resulting in the higher height?

Also see if the shock tops and washers are correct.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I wonder if you tightened them wrong on the first install resulting in the higher height?

Also see if the shock tops and washers are correct.

this is really, really easy to do. I did it with my front pass side and only discovered it when I was setting my ride height later with the wheels on :bash:

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I got it figured out. Man I feel stupid after this too haha. So on my driver side (which was lower than passenger side) I didn't tighten the pinch bolt, so it wasn't in the slotted part on the shock body. You can see in the pic that the bolt is sticking out a bit. The shock body is also sitting lower in its mount in the A-arm (i forget if that's what it's called, the thing where the pinch bolt into). But thank you transzex for your help, I really appreciate it!

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha that makes me feel a little better, knowing that I'm not the only one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts