Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been having this problem for a few weeks and need some opinions on this basemap. i run a chip from a friend of mine and 3bar map sensor and it runs fine, i run this chip tuned for a stock map sensor and it seems to fall out at 5psi and just stop accelerating as if cruise control is on... here are the tables that were installed in the chip, this is what i think the problem is... isn't the timing supposed to retard for boost? and what about fuel?

·
Registered
431 Posts
man, it should be more than clear that you have to select the right
map sensor type in your tuning software.

also, it is apparent that you have not even read the beginners crome tuning
guide. please read it
Crome Start-Up Guide
or expect your motor to blow soon.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
if you need help with a basemap, tell me your exact setup and i will send you one to an email or something, i just tuned a d16y7 on 7psi and it is really quick traction problems in 2nd with falken azenis 205 50 15 lol

it seems like on that table that you didnt add any fuel...

but like i said tell me

motor size
what head
what piston
what cam
what injector
what turbo

and i should be able to get you started, not to smash on it, but to tune you need a wideband to correctly tune a car by the way i went years without it, but having a wideband just makes everything so damn easy

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Am I reading this right... you have a 3 bar MAP sensor and are running fuel and timing maps with a stock MAP scaler?

This is a horrible idea.

If that is right, you need to stop what you're doing and make maps with the proper scalers. Then you can do some data logging and tuning, but if you keep what you have now I don't see the story having a happy ending.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont have 3bar with stock map. i borrowed a chip and 3 bar from a friend, i purchased a chip for stock map sensor so i didn't have to buy a 3 bar. this is what the guy sent me, car runs great but once i hit boost it acts like a fuel cut or timings off. i dont have any way to make my own chip yet and i did read the whole tuning guide and was confused about a few things this guy used on it... he never set the injector battery offset, he retarded timing .75/LB boost instead of what im told 1.25, and he also set fuel to 120% and i was told 180%... i will send you my setup in a PM

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i dont have 3bar with stock map. i borrowed a chip and 3 bar from a friend, i purchased a chip for stock map sensor so i didn't have to buy a 3 bar. this is what the guy sent me, car runs great but once i hit boost it acts like a fuel cut or timings off. i dont have any way to make my own chip yet and i did read the whole tuning guide and was confused about a few things this guy used on it... he never set the injector battery offset, he retarded timing .75/LB boost instead of what im told 1.25, and he also set fuel to 120% and i was told 180%... i will send you my setup in a PM
Why buy a 3bar if you didnt plan on using it?
Also is your base map made for the map sensor that is in your car now?
And you need a new base map and a wideband before you even think of getting into boost.
You could be running way to lean or to rich. Could even been hitting boost cut.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why buy a 3bar if you didnt plan on using it?
Also is your base map made for the map sensor that is in your car now?
And you need a new base map and a wideband before you even think of getting into boost.
You could be running way to lean or to rich. Could even been hitting boost cut.
i didn't buy a 3 bar, i was borrowing it, my basemap is currently for a stock map sensor. im trying to get a new basemap and wideband should be coming within a few days. and ive been watching my runs, i did a few passes and pulled plugs to see how its running and there nice and golden brown so its not too lean or rich

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why? I don't think anyone understands this logic. Can you elaborate?

I mean if it isn't even installed you don't even need to mention it's existence.
its the current one im running to use my car, im trying to figure out my stock map sensor basemap, but i used it to show that it runs and goes to 9psi fine with that so we all know its something in the chip thats wrong.

·
Registered
211 Posts
its the current one im running to use my car, im trying to figure out my stock map sensor basemap, but i used it to show that it runs and goes to 9psi fine with that so we all know its something in the chip thats wrong.
DO NOT run a map for a stock map sensor with anything other than a stock map sensor .

do you have a boost gauge? if not you could be running alot more boost then you think

·
Registered
6,365 Posts

lol That has fail written all over it.
Stock map sensor is 5volts, reads vac and up to 11psi of boost.
3bar map sensor is 5volts and read up to around 40psi.

so now if you scale that. You will see how off your reading will be.

My advise to you is to park the car till you can get an understanding of how everything works and the right tools. Or else your going ot end up messing up your motor. And your be making a post on here talking about how there is a whole in your block.

And your running lean i dont care if you think your plugs are reading right.
3bar map sensor on a .8bar scale is throwing everything offf your still probably in vac ecu settings.

DO IT RIGHT OR DONT DO IT AT ALL.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
this will get you very close to what your car should be running, since your running a smaller turbo this might be a little rich for you , but this was a car i tuned d16y7 on 7psi t3 t4 .50

the map has a boost cut at 10 psi, if you want to push more boost then that, go to options and where it says boost cut just put it up to 12 because thats all the map sensor can handle

but as i said in the message, this map is not a put on and go smash on, this is a basemap to either get you to a tuner, or to tune yourself with a wideband... if something happens to your motor because you didnt tune it further it is on you.....

but the car i tuned on this map has been running perfect for 7 months now no problems

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is what I told you over at H-T. Your basemaps are bunk. I don't know where you're getting them from but the ones I got from Phearable are pretty spot on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what I told you over at H-T. Your basemaps are bunk. I don't know where you're getting them from but the ones I got from Phearable are pretty spot on.
i was thinking about going there next...

lol That has fail written all over it.
Stock map sensor is 5volts, reads vac and up to 11psi of boost.
3bar map sensor is 5volts and read up to around 40psi.

so now if you scale that. You will see how off your reading will be.

My advise to you is to park the car till you can get an understanding of how everything works and the right tools. Or else your going ot end up messing up your motor. And your be making a post on here talking about how there is a whole in your block.

And your running lean i dont care if you think your plugs are reading right.
3bar map sensor on a .8bar scale is throwing everything offf your still probably in vac ecu settings.

DO IT RIGHT OR DONT DO IT AT ALL.
i dont have a 3 bar installed using a 1.7bar chip, i have two chips and 2 map sensors, a chip for a 3 bar and a 3 bar setup which im running now. and a stock map sensor and a stock map sensor chip which im working on as the 3 bar chip and map sensor do not belong to me

this will get you very close to what your car should be running, since your running a smaller turbo this might be a little rich for you , but this was a car i tuned d16y7 on 7psi t3 t4 .50

the map has a boost cut at 10 psi, if you want to push more boost then that, go to options and where it says boost cut just put it up to 12 because thats all the map sensor can handle

but as i said in the message, this map is not a put on and go smash on, this is a basemap to either get you to a tuner, or to tune yourself with a wideband... if something happens to your motor because you didnt tune it further it is on you.....

but the car i tuned on this map has been running perfect for 7 months now no problems
ya i will give this a shot and see what it does. and for who ever asked, i do have a boost gauge, was reading 9psi with the 3bar setup

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think that you just need to take it to get it tuned. It's a base map good enough to start tuning from. Do you have rtp?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

is that for 450cc injectors? duty cycles look a bit high for it. maybe thats why my other one wasn't working right

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Ok first off, if you have no way of programing the chip how did you get the first map?

second. there is no extra fuel in the boost tables. My guess is your running really lean and its stopping you.

For battery offset, you do not need to add one if the a/f idles steady.

in boost settings, even though when you open it timing is .75 and fuel is 120%, this does NOT mean thats what your maps are. It defaults back to these numbers everytime you open that tab. You have to remeber what you changed it to the last time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok first off, if you have no way of programing the chip how did you get the first map?

second. there is no extra fuel in the boost tables. My guess is your running really lean and its stopping you.

For battery offset, you do not need to add one if the a/f idles steady.

in boost settings, even though when you open it timing is .75 and fuel is 120%, this does NOT mean thats what your maps are. It defaults back to these numbers everytime you open that tab. You have to remeber what you changed it to the last time.
i see, and it was an ebay chip and ive been having him resend me numerous chips to get it straight, im having him burn me this map now. i need to get the money for my ostrich before i start tuning. and my wideband before that. i just need to get the car running so i can return my friends chip and map sensor and stop riding my motorcycle everywhere lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts