Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 honda civic with a jdm d15b boosted at 10psi with hondata.

First and second gear the car runs fine but when i start to boost in third gear around 5k rpm its like the car loses all power and slams me back in my seat. Then it runs fine til I hit that mark again.

I have a walboro fuel pump
stock fpr
450 cc injectors
external wastegate with a 10psi spring.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a wideband its ready 11-12 when im in boost and about 14.7-15.2 regular driving. It has not been protuned as there is no turner within 500 miles of where i live. I dont know about overboosting it didnt do this when I had the 8psi spring in and now it does with the 10psi

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My buddy who is not a pro tuned it it was running great til i put this 10psi spring in. i am running a .28 gap on bkre7's or whatever they are.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
My buddy who is not a pro tuned it it was running great til i put this 10psi spring in. i am running a .28 gap on bkre7's or whatever they are.
Reread what you post back to yourself.
Tune on 8psi ran good, swap spring to 10psi runs funny and hits a cut.

You need a retune and probably banking on boost cut.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh I though I could just switch the max psi and that was good.....still a noob here guys but you guys always put me on the right path.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Youre probably on the stock map sensor, which is why boost cut was set where it is.

Get a GM 3 bar, and get re-tuned.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Stock map sensor only reads to like 10-11 psi

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
And there are people that can tune yoir car alot closer than 500miles....check out www.xceedspeed.com ... its a mich based forum

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts