Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my friend has a ek hatch with a zc block and a z6 head the dizzy wires were cut and we spliced on a obd 2 clip he has a jumper harness with a chipped p28 ok so he will be driving and the rpms will just randomly drop all the way down and jump back up it doesnt matter how far hes pushes the gas it doesnt kick in and the car eventually shuts off and takes awhile to start back up and as hes trying to start the car you can smell gas getting dumped in weve tried a few obd 1 ecus and obd 2 ecus and it still runs the same any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
so you have fuel getting to the engine, have you checked the spark when its not starting?

have you checked your rewiring to make sure it hasnt corroded or broken the wire?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes we checked the wiring we havent checked the spark tho but i found something about taking the internals from a y8 dizzy and putting them into a z6 dizzy so were gonna try that see what happens

·
Registered
1994 EH9
186 Posts
I would check the wires. Splicing ANYTHING will suck it if it's not done right. I would check there first since that was the hack part of the job

1 - 8 of 8 Posts