Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a d15 1995 eg 4door... car ran but i decided to do a tune up.. so i replaced my spark plugs spark wires and dizz capp.. now when i finished putting everything on the car started and ran really smooth..i tried to start it a week later now it doesnt start?? any idea?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Have you checked to see if your getting spark?

·
Registered
1993 Honda Civic EX
93 Posts
When a car cranks but wont start there are 3 things you wanna check for : Fuel, spark and compression.

First of all check all your fuses. Then check fuel and spark first as they are the easiest.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
its getting fuel.. how do i check if i have spark and compression
spark.

1. get a screwdriver and someone else.

2. take the spark plug wires off. not from the dizzy.

3. take spark plug wire from cyl. 1 and put screwdriver at the part that goes into the spark plug. make sure there is contact between screwdriver and the copper connector inside the tube.

4. find a suitable metal part in your engine bay. that will be your ground. making sure you're not touching any metal part, place the screwdriver a couple centimeters above the metal part.

5. ask your partner to crank the engine, and check for spark. repeat on the other wires as well.

in order for a compression test, you need a compression tester.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think i have spark... but i just put new spark plugs and wires.. but b4 i change it the car was running fine

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
i dont think i have spark... but i just put new spark plugs and wires.. but b4 i change it the car was running fine

you don't think... c'mon dude you can do better. have you at least tested for fuel and spark??

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
check cap and rotor.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
When you replace cap you should replace rotor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts