Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting problems worked out. and the last one. seems to be that when I'm driving my car at low speeds, (neighborhood driving), The car will buck like I"m stepping on the gas and letting go, but I'm not. And this only happens at low speeds. I'm thinking it is my TPS. Wondering if anybody has had this happen. I measured the voltage across the TPS getting .5 at closed, and 4.5 at WOT. The interesting thing though is that if I do this while the car is running. The TPS voltage doesn't move as much as pedal movement. I mean I can hold it at 3K rpm so the TB plate should be open pretty good, but it will only measure like .7 volts.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well,

I think that I have the problem solved. I had a issue with the last chipped ecu I had. I sent it back to Rywire. And they sent me another one it is a PR4 suppose to be like a P28. All the time I have been searching the junkyards for P28s. I got lucky yesterday. Scored a auto P28. I took RP17 out. and now I have gotten rid of the Auto lock Cel. So after the Redskins game, I went and put the P28 in and the car is running without the bucking problem. So I think that the chip that they have in it. Is Mapped wrong. So I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can do something again.

On a side note. Anyone in the Woodbridge, Va area. The Pick apart in Triangle has a Red 93 si hatch. a little front end damage. It is a 5spd. Sucks is that the guy wanted 150 for the ECU out of it. So I kept my mouth shut about the p28 auto I found and had in my hand and only paid 27.00. ( I think he knows the ECU's in v-tec cars are worth something but doesn't know the numbers)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts