Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch DX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I have a weird problem with my 88' Civic with the D15B2. When parked in neutral, the car revvs up fine and acts normal. However, when put into any gear, it will bog when I try to give it gas, as if putting the engine under load creates the problem. I am guessing this is a vaccum leak and haven't taken much time to diagnose it yet but I am going to today. It happened out of nowhere and at first glance my vaccum lines are all connected fine. I am getting plenty of fuel, as I just installed a 255lph Walbro pump, and it was running for a week with the new pump just great. The car will rev fine as long as I have the clutch in and when I release it it'll bog down and then start bucking hard If I leave it in gear. (Bucking as in cutting out then back in) Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Still sounds like it is starved for fuel, air, or spark some how though.

Maybe something came loose and lodged in the fuel filter or new pump. Engine needs very little fuel to idle or rev for that matter. Under load is a whole new ball game.

I cant see a ground wire issue or the pump would short, if my head is wrapped around the issue right.

Last but not least timing or spark, check the dizzy?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts