Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 DX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

#17 is just spinning. The one that bolts into the bottom of the car. The captured nut broke loose. Everything is frozen together; the nut, bushing and bolt have siezed together bad. Anyone have any creative ideas on how to fix this? I think I'm going to have to bust out the welder.:TD:

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
The nut that is inside the chassis needs to be able to move, that's how the rear toe is adjusted.

If you need to solidly anchor that nut, you will need an adjustable compensator arm.

·
Registered
93 DX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may have to permanently mount them. I would need the square headed bolt that nobody makes and I would need to repair the sheetmetal that I screwed up. Fantastic.

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
very easy and even upgrade fix.

cut a hole, weld the existing nut solid, buy a set of adjsutable toe links.

those are bushings almost 99% of people didnt even know go bad, and can slowly eat the rear tires, hurt gasmileage from bad alignment, and cause random weak noises that are hard to find.

even a set of cheap china ebay adjustable arms will be fine. spray something over the threads to prevent corrosion after a fresh alignment.

EDIT also have the alignment shop use some loc-tite on the threads of the adjustable links. they like coming loose. a simply paint/oil marker will also be handy to have a visual reference if they move

1 - 4 of 4 Posts