Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im very new to this. I bought a dell laptop that is vista capable but it is an xp version. Its 64 bit. I cant get it to show me the settings and I cant do any adjusting as well. Hondata s300 says online when I plug into the usb port on the laptop. I was able to erase the stored datalogs, not that I wanted to. Is the problem having a 64 bit instead of a 32 bit regular xp version my problem? Am I missing something, Thanks
Joe in PA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I downloaded the hondata program. Its on the laptop. Why the internet connection? Also the car is already tuned. I need to load a map... can you explain that a little better.
I bought this car off of boosted 91(member). White turbo crx. It runs great! Just wanting to see if I can acess the setpoints, etc.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
the internet thing was a joke.

ask him for a copy of the tune on your car so you can load it to the computer.

it is possible to pull the tune off the s300 bit very strongly not recommended as errors can occur

get a copy load it , make your changes, upload to ecu

what are you trying to change

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think im misunderstood. I want to be able to set things like rev limiters(launch) and max rev limit, Cooling fan, Be able to expirement with data logging and vtech engagement and etc. I cant get any of the variables to show up on the program for some reason, let alone adjust anything. Im not touching the tuned ratios.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
you do not need to touch your ecu again.. take it to a pro before you break it

your car that is, this isnt a video game where if you mess up you get a extra life..

ive explained things in a very easy way to understand and your still not picking up on what im saying at all and obviously have never used hondata or any other tuning software before .. and realizing that i decided it best if i no longer try and walk you through connecting to your vehicles ems

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
did you update the drivers, and sync the pc to the ECU?

with the ecu and laptop hooked up and says online go to Help->Update USB Drivers
then do Help->Test USB

everything should be good from there.

Also i know in Vista and Windows 7 you can right click a program click properties and select a compatibility mode, like if a program is not Vista compatible I can choose to run it like its in XP. See if you can try to emulate a 32bit instead of 64bit if your problem doesnt resolve after you do what I said.

PS dont mess with the map, dont touch the Vtec, etc. Its not a toy, especially with that clean CRX that runs great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to learn what I can. Its a hobby. I am not going to monkey around with anything except for the launch rpm. Its set at 5,000 and without sllicks I might want to drop it down some. Thats all. Thanks onecam, That was the type of reply I was looking for.
Just because I never dealt with tuning software doesnt mean that I should give up and rely on other people. This is why I waited so long to post on this forum. Some people have to be smart asses. You know who you are.
This forum and others are a great place to learn so you dont mess things up. Thats part of the learning expierence. If you dont want to sincerely help then just move on.
Thanks

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
I never meant to "give up" .. but instead try educating yourself first before you try and hop in and start changing things around and wind up with a bigger problem than you started with..

maybe do some reading on the features of the software you are learning first.. no one ever reads anymore

go to the help tab when opening hondata... everything you need is there.. in the program.. read and next time you ask a question have a vague idea of what you are doing and then it makes it alot easier to help you with any questions you may have.

most people are not going to take the time to spoon feed you everything because your to lazy to read

1 - 12 of 12 Posts