Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know how stupid this sounds... ive done multiple trans swaps and taken axles in and out a lot along with that... but ive never had the axle not go in before. the passenger side goes right in like it should, but the drivers side wont go in all the way and is about an inch or so from where it needs to seat. i stuck my finger in the axle hole and realized its hitting the pin for the spider gear... when i bought this car it had this axle and trans in it... i put a different trans in it shortly after i bought it, but i blew that trans last week so am putting this one back in. any ideas why the axle is now seemingly hitting the pin when it was used in this trans when i bought the car?

1995 civic ex

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess i am assuming it is hitting the pin as i stuck my finger in the hole and felt the pin and looked to where the opening started on my finger and held it up to the axle splines and saw it can only go in as far as it currently is. here is a picture i found on google of about as far as i can get mine in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay i figured out what happened.... and yeah it was dumb like i said when i first posted. i blew up the differential in the trans i just took out of the car, and it marred up the shaft a little bit on the drivers side axle. its only got a few little scratches in it, but it must have been enough to catch on something. i took another axle i had laying around and went right in... thanks for the replies everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts