Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i just purchased my first honda civic 99 sedan 6th gen and i love it so far.

i got an SRS light on and the information i got from the internet it means basically an airbag error.

the problem is i dont seem to find the OBD2 connector i've seen loads of videos where people find it but i just cant seem to find it.

but as i made a bit further information gathering it seems that my civic has OBD1? its an EU spec car. so where do i find an adapter from OBD1 to OBD2 connector?

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first link you sent doesnt apply to the EU civics cuz its not there.

the 2nd one is more accurate thanks for that!

but how do i read the code SRS light? the 2nd link is more to the engine flashes to read codes etc

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
529 Posts
Don't know if it applies to EU or not, but Honda North America has had a policy that is still valid to this day, all SRS/airbag and seatbelt component malfunctions, regardless of make or model, that have not been damaged through an accident and have faulted during normal usage of the vehicle, Honda will repair and/or replace items related to these systems, or the entire system free of charge.

Basically they extended a warranty to cover all these items for the life of the vehicle, no matter the year or mileage.

Can't tell you how many civics or accords I've worked on over the years with SRS ECU internal malfunction faults, or seatbelts with microswitches in them that fail and no longer operate the indicator light on the dash (also an input to some SRS ECUs), bring them to honda and they start a work order free of charge. Everything warrantied.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called a dealership they said the warranty is valid just not on my car because its too old. but it was implying to the other civics thanks for the heads up! it was a good try

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
580 Posts
Don't know if it applies to EU or not, but Honda North America has had a policy that is still valid to this day, all SRS/airbag and seatbelt component malfunctions, regardless of make or model, that have not been damaged through an accident and have faulted during normal usage of the vehicle, Honda will repair and/or replace items related to these systems, or the entire system free of charge.

Basically they extended a warranty to cover all these items for the life of the vehicle, no matter the year or mileage.

Can't tell you how many civics or accords I've worked on over the years with SRS ECU internal malfunction faults, or seatbelts with microswitches in them that fail and no longer operate the indicator light on the dash (also an input to some SRS ECUs), bring them to honda and they start a work order free of charge. Everything warrantied.
If only that was valid in Australia, where RD1 CRV's and late 90's Accords are on mandatory buy back and are getting crushed because of faulty airbags. RIP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts