Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any shop online that sells these stuff . i think in my country basically no one wants to sell theirs and CNC machine is insanely pricey ( thats what u get when your country is 64km(length) by 32km(breadth) ) . Have tried sourcing in malaysia too but dont have many connections there . I know there a few malaysian d series bros here if u know where to get it pls contact me !! i can drive up north to meet u !

Anyone can help me out or has one to sell or knows someone who wants to sell ?? can you get that shit and ship it here to singapore i am a paypal verified member !

Need it urgent ! Looking for 4.71 or 4.4 . best if 4.71 thank u !!

note: its for D16z SOHC

Just got owned 3 car lengths by a car that shouldnt have even been close to owning me . now im really PISSED :shocked:

thank you

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
SRR, people have had issues with the teeth wearing away.

The posts wear erased from Honda-Tech because of the "sponsers"

Search on www.sohchonda.com , I think we saved the thread.

Dunno if it was posted here also.

E

·
0 Posts
We stopped carrying the SRR since a few racers said that the teeth were wearing away. So far we have 3 people that have contacted us out of 120 FD's that were sold since we started carrying them.
Im hesitant to carry the FDs right now since its been a huge issue on the forums. I have contacted SRR regarding the issue and they said they will do a diff final coating on the parts, but I'm still hesitant to sell it since I dont want it going against us you know.

What do you guys think? Worth it to still carry the product? Or not carry it at all and have only CUstom FD's available. I've had Houseman Custom FD in the past but those cost $1200-1400 each FD.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
Wil, good to see you back!!!!!!!!

I think the main issue was the way SRR handled the issue. They "dropped" the ball. he US seller just ended up being a middle man. If SRR would have better "service" and offered replacements, they'd still be selling. I know I'd be looking at one!

I'm gonna see if a canuck (Jamie) needs a shop whore for 1-2 months to earn a FD setup.

E

·
0 Posts
been super super busy these days. sorry guys, cant be on the forums as much.

but like you said. SRR doesnt really want to do anything about it. Its one of those things that is frustrating but then we also have no choice at the moment on FDs. and especially at an ok price.

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
transzex said:
roll the dice, it's a crap shoot.
yep, thats what I did- I guess we'll see...

BlackMoon- you might want to look into the '95-97 civic aerodeck wagon (MA* chassis) with the 1.4L, I dunno if you have those there but I know they're popular in several Euro countries. Supposedly they have hydro trans and like a 4.5 final, I was trying to get ahold of one for the longest time

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/CivicManual/index.html

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
transzex said:
thanks for sharing (A-HOLE!) earlier!!!!!!

4.437 looks tasty.
:mrgreen:

4.437 AND OEM Honda = no having to worry about wearing teeth down there unlike every time I go anywhere in my car with the srr I'll be fucking worrying about it :?

ps- here's the main link to that site http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/workshopmanuals2.html

E

·
0 Posts
4.437 isnt going to do much for most people. its a good cheap upgrade but for the overall effect, its not really a big jump. I have a 4.6 on the sohc cable and its decent gains but i wish I had something more drastic like the 4.75 or 4.9

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Kiwi at Special Project Motorsports is out of stock for D series, but can have them to you in about 2 weeks from the time he receives payment.

He also has (or is waiting to get them) 4.7's and 4.9's for the cable trans. Specially made for SPM by SRR.

^Incase nobody browses the H-T RR/AX forum.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
Wil @ Exospeed use to sell the SRR units before issues arised.

4.25 > 4.437 s on a 4.4% gain, but those on 20" slicks, it might be the ticket.

Aquafina, ever face the dragon?

E

·
0 Posts
Aquafina said:
Kiwi at Special Project Motorsports is out of stock for D series, but can have them to you in about 2 weeks from the time he receives payment.

He also has (or is waiting to get them) 4.7's and 4.9's for the cable trans. Specially made for SPM by SRR.

^Incase nobody browses the H-T RR/AX forum.
So racers dont mind getting them even with the wear issues?

·
Registered
27 Posts
exospeed*com said:
So racers dont mind getting them even with the wear issues?
Nope Wil- its better than nothing- and that important on our car for lap times!
Let us know when you've got them back in stock!!

BTW- Houseman has gone up since you guys checked (at least for my car).
I was quoted $1750 + shipping on a 4.9 (last month). :shocked:
I'm sure his stuff is wonderful, but too high for me right now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts