Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, i drive a 2005 Civic EX vtec and one day it broke down on me, i was on the interstate and it all of a sudden started smoking really bad white smoke from the tailpipe and losing power untill it just quit and wasnt running anymore, after towing it home i saw there was a ton of oil in the coolant and vice versa. So i changed the head gasket and timing belt. It ran fine for about 2-3 weeks then all of a sudden it started smoking bad out of the tailpipe again and losing power and woudlnt even barely drive. I also noticed it would make a bad whine alot of times when it was losing power and there was pressure in the engine cuz when i would loosen my oil cap it would jump up from air pressure on it and if i pull the dipstick out u can hear and feel air pressure coming out of the dipstick tube. i was thinking maybe the head gasket hadnt sealed right or something since i reused the old head bolts (i know, replace them every time, was hoping i could get away with it) so i pulled it all back apart, the head gasket looks fine still, i bought new head gasket bolts and put it back together and it is still smoking out of the tailpipe and im just kinda stumped as to where to go now.

Thanks in advance for any help from all of you guys!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it has a flat tire so i didnt try driving it but its POURING white smoke out the back so i doubt it drives very well

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
it has a flat tire so i didnt try driving it but its POURING white smoke out the back so i doubt it drives very well
Sounds like headgasket.
The head pr block probably wasn't flat or the tq specs on the bolts weren't enough.

Also there is a coolant pipe right next to runner 4 on the intake and if the intake gasket leaks it will suck coolant in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya, when i first start it up it seems fine its only once its been running for a few minutes then all of a sudden it starts POURING smoke out the tail..and i mean alot of smoke...assuming the valves are ok, how much should i expect to pay to have the head machined?

·
Registered
557 Posts
also when u took the head and intake manifold off, did u hook the little coolant lines up right? and not into the intake? seen it happen before

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually looking at it now i do have a hose that goes from like the top of the thermostat up into a little sensor looking thing attached to the throttle body, that doesnt seem right to me, but i cant see anywhere else this tube would go

·
Registered
621 Posts
actually looking at it now i do have a hose that goes from like the top of the thermostat up into a little sensor looking thing attached to the throttle body, that doesnt seem right to me, but i cant see anywhere else this tube would go
Post a picture.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts