Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
EF sedan 91
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i recently took out my minime swap out of my ef 4 door due to a very lound knock when starting and running the motor. its a b7 bottom with a z6 head. at first i thought it was a spun rod bearing but i took apart the block lastnight only to find nothing wrong with the rod bearings, they were all in the right places and doing just fine no bolts were loose or anything and didnt find any metal shavings or other fragments so what could it be? should i just put the motor back together and see if it does it again or wat? any help would be of help lol

·
Registered
EF sedan 91
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounded like it was in the block...oh and it also had this hissing noise like it was loosing compression or some crap..like right after the knock it would hiss like it was pushing out air, but theres no hole in the block or anything, it was coming from the back of the block last i heard

·
Registered
EF sedan 91
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol i did not do any of that, i kno how to i just didnt because i figured it was a rod bearing or something, i spun the crank when i took the head off and it sounded just fine when i spun it fast and slow , the piston to wall clearance looked fine last i saw cuz i did somewhat pay attention to that as well and there was no knock or lose fiting to the crank or rods

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would take every thing apart and put it back 2gether from scratch.. With correct torque specs, and see what happens.. Better then havin 2 buy a new motor if not fixed...

·
Registered
279 Posts
the engine is already apart thats what he was doing but when he puts it back together he doesnt want the problem not to be solved, which if he just torqued it back down would prob be the case.

·
Registered
EF sedan 91
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
exactly thats what im doing, i wanted to take it apart and put it back together with exact torque specs. just dont want stuff to mess up when i finish it and stuff

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey man my guess is its the LMAs they are bad in my head to i think i have a mini-me b7 bttom and y8 top sounds like loud knok and i have read that these will do that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts