Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at buying a new car as a new daily driver. It must be a sedan and I'm looking for something that is still going to be fun to drive around. Part of me wants to get a 2015/16 WRX, but I'm not sure. I drove one, they seem pretty nice and decently roomy. AWD would be great for winter too... I also found a very well maintained 2008 Civic SI with a Full Race GT3076 Kit on it (10k miles boosted) with 60k miles, is well put together and is local to me. They want $13k for it. Do I go for something like the Civic or go for a new car with that nice warranty thing? I can't decide.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
if you go subura, stay with the WRX, it has a new engine. the STI variant gets noticably worst gas mileage, and still has the old motor.

My stepdad's 2013 honda accord v6 sedan is quite fun. Not as sporty as the 2012 Nissan Maxima he test drove, but its comfy, has sideview and rearview cameras (passing and backing up), and he says on the interstate he can get 35mpg or more in 3 cylinder mode.

If you dont mind Skynet's imminent attack, the chrysler 300 new model has awd as an option. but its a heavy pig.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I was thinking WRX. The STI has no appeal to me and I really like the new motor of the WRX.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to go look at the Civic on Monday. Spending $20k less on a car is also very appealing. Not to mention it would stomp any of the new ones I have in mind... I'm torn on what to do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had a lot of cars but I can honestly recommend as a great daily is the bmw 335i.
Twin turbo inline 6, x drive awd
I drove mine thru 2 winters here in canada & it's been great.
Fuel mileage is pretty impressive too.
I use x ice tires on it for winter.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1441671239.896437.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just rode in a 335D today. It was quite nice, but honestly it was a bit lack luster. It was a very nice car and I wouldn't mind driving one every day, but I don't think that's the one...

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
test drive nissan/infinity's offerings.

Are you leaning more towards sporty feel, or is comfort a bit more up your alley?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sporty, but more room than my current Integra and can fit humans in the back seat. The ride has also been driving me crazy lately. I want something that feels comfortable, but is still fun. I love my Integra to death, won't get rid of it and still have big plans for it. But right now I need something that is a lot more comfortable to drive around town and can actually fit a suitcase and pelican case in...

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
I know you said sedan, but my 2013 Fit had a short manual transmission and was fun (automatic version doesnt feel sluggish either).

I was able to haul a TON of stuff in it.

Also had 4 full size hawaiin guys in the car with me when we were carpooling to a big grill out/BBQ. had 3-4 cases of beer in the back aslo, and a ton of food.

Car felt ackward to drive fully stock. After I did a rear swaybar it felt REALLY damn good, and with 205 width tires hugged the shit out of corners.

With minimal effort I did a 16 flat quarter mile with subwoofers and tools in the back during a 100*F day/night

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Third gen TL.

All manual TL's of that generation came with a LSD and brembo front brakes.. The 04-05 is NOT torque limited in 1st and 2nd which makes torquesteer pretty dramatic...but also pretty damn fun. Obviously the 04-05 is going to be the cheapest but at the expensive of mileage. Still something to keep in mind in case one happens to pop up.

Of course, if you were to get incredibly lucky and find a manual 07-08 Type S in good shape, that would be the ideal scenario.

If I found an incredible 1-owner example of an auto 07/08 Type S with low miles , I would also consider that.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
nope

they're called the TSX here
Pity.
The CH1 with the H22A7 engine matched to the U2Q7 gearbox (ie: with LSD) can be an awesome thing. Just add cold air induction and coilovers. Tractable and docile as a family sedan ... and then eats most so-called sports saloons on the track (if you want).

Downside? The back seats don't fold down.
Upside? Driven hard, it's as much fun as an Integra!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Matt, I just noticed you are from LaCrosse WI. I grew up there and my parents live in Onalaska. Small world.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts