Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you can't figure it out this is the hf/std manifold

I have walked through the junkyard a couple times now and have not been able to find one of these. Were the cars that come with this style of manifold not made in Canada or am I just short on luck lol i'm pretty sure they come on 88-91 civic and crx's. Which engines are they found on? I saw a comment that they come on the cars with the 4 speeds??

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
I shipped a whole head for 75, to Canada.

And those manifolds came on CRX HFs, and STD Civics. I think they also might have come on a Civic CX or something.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i got an HF manifold in my back yard collecting rust...

its actually off of a VX :p

they came on CRX HF's (not sold in canada), Civic STD's (4 speed, sold in canada) and Civic VX's (sold in canada)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well heres the deal. I don't need one until winter so i got time. It is $25 CAD from a junkyard here and $40 CAD to ship it here in a 12x12x12 box total weight 15 pounds, so i am kind of tempted to just keep checking the junkyard and hope for the best.
d-serious i will keep the offer in mind thank you.
and i can't rep you yet again danz lol apparently i don't spread around the love enough

got another question for yah. The z6 intake manifolds, They will directly bolt onto the a6 head but what will it be like for electrical connections and vacuum lines?
Just want to know what i should take from the car that i rip the manifold out of at the junkyard. And should i get 90-93 integra throttle body or the 94-96 integra throttle body?
Our cars have the map sensor mounted on the tb right? My car is a 93 honda civic dx, d15b7 that will soon have an a6 head on it :)

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
integra throttlebodies are different sizes

look at the valvecover to see.

the vtec b189's are 2mm bigger if memory serves me correctly

dont bother with a bigger throttlebodyt UNLESS TURBO/BUILT NA

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
integra throttlebodies are different sizes

look at the valvecover to see.

the vtec b189's are 2mm bigger if memory serves me correctly

dont bother with a bigger throttlebodyt UNLESS TURBO/BUILT NA
I am doing a junkyard turbo this winter but what i am doing is putting the parts on my car that will make a good difference just to finish up the racing season. The plan is to put the a6 head shaved .5mm-ish, b18a/b throttle body, z6 intake manifold onto the b7. I bought a rf-1030 k&n filter to attach to my intake tube and am ordering a full 2.5" exhaust off ebay. The exhaust goes from header to tip. I figure with this stuff it should be a nice performance boost to up my baseline time. Then before i park the car i will get a dyno run in as well. Then come winter i just need a z6 bottom end, the hf/std exhaust manifold + adapter plate and all the turbo parts. Can also re-use the filter for the turbo intake :)

I know you are probably thinking why buy a full exhaust then if going turbo, well the answer is then i just toss the header, use the rest of the exhaust which is a good diameter for the turbo build and just custom build a downpipe to mate up to it. The full system is $250 CAD bought and shipped. So realistically the only money wasted is like 50 bucks because i am tossing the header, But i could probably sell it for $50 + i could even install it for the person for a few bucks more make a profit and use that profit towards parts, then it's like i spent less to buy more parts :bigok:

·
Registered
^^^^
2,102 Posts
Right, theyre highly illegal. You guys get marijuana, we get HF manifolds. Thats how it works.
That made me chuckle.

Yes, I just said chuckle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts